Check this-- Volcano photos

23 Apr 2010 20:28 #1 by LopingAlong
Amazing photos of the volcano in Iceland on Apr 17. Makes you feel small!

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/0 ... okull.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2010 20:46 #2 by Robynabc
Way cool. Fantasitic. Those are amazing.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

15 May 2010 06:14 #3 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Check this-- Volcano photos
It is a great reminder of how powerful nature is and this is only a small eruption. Look at the amount of ash deposited everywhere in Iceland's southern coast. Equal amounts ride the airwaves hundreds of miles away from the eruption. Now imagine dozens of such eruptions around the world. Suddenly the industrial revolution's contributions seem miniscule as they are by comparison. The good news is Iceland is one of the few places in the world where land is being created, a point not good for the real estate market that banks on land shortages in light of an exploding global population.

15 May 2010 07:35 #4 by LopingAlong
Yeah but Rock, the increase in real estate in Iceland simply won't be able to keep up with the population increases!

The force of nature is amazing and beautiful sometimes while being so catastrophic as the changes are occurring. Makes one feel small and insignificant indeed!

15 May 2010 08:30 #5 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Check this-- Volcano photos

LopingAlong wrote: Yeah but Rock, the increase in real estate in Iceland simply won't be able to keep up with the population increases!

The force of nature is amazing and beautiful sometimes while being so catastrophic as the changes are occurring. Makes one feel small and insignificant indeed!

Indeed. New land is too slow in forming.

We are indeed insignificant. It manifests every time natural events take place and conflict with out greatest achievements. It simply destroys them without effort. Geology extols those powers constantly for me. The rise of the Himalayas invokes awe, though it's not nearly as shocking as a volcanic eruption because the movement is so slow and over such a long period of time. And that is just on this world. The universe and its events is what creates the greatest awe in me. Indeed we are less than flees.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds