The V.F.W. Memorial Parade today at 11 AM-Cancelled?

31 May 2010 09:16 #1 by MyMountainTown
We are hearing reports that the parade may be cancelled.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2010 09:26 #2 by Sunshine Girl
When did you hear that? I thought it was still on.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

31 May 2010 09:27 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Someone sent an email to all the media explaining it was canceled because they wouldn't allow a prayer.

31 May 2010 09:30 #4 by Sunshine Girl
I thought I read that the prayer issue was resolved and it's back on. ?????? PM Curt Navy CPO

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

31 May 2010 09:33 #5 by Wayne Harrison
I got this from Janet Shown, Executive Director of Conifer Community Park at Beaver Ranch. Apprently only the Conifer VFW post pulled out, but the parade is still on...

We are so sorry that the Conifer VFW post has decided to withdraw from the Memorial Day Observance next Monday at the park, but please understand that

THE MEMORIAL DAY OBSERVANCE AT CONIFER COMMUNITY PARK AT BEAVER RANCH IS STILL ON Monday, Memorial Day, May 31 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.

The event will start with a cannon salute at the event field and will include a parade of any active or veteran military members who wish to attend. We are still planning to create a permanent Garden of Honor for active and veteran military and to have a potluck picnic lunch.

We would love to have the Conifer area VFW participate with us but certainly respect their decision not to do so.

We are so proud of our military personnel - active and veteran - and chose to do this Memorial Day Observance because of our desire to have the community express their thanks to all of them. That includes our wonderful Post 12009 in Conifer and all the posts in surrounding areas, as well as American Legion posts and other veteran groups.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to phone the office at 303-838-3705

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds