How about a Kindness/Help Needed Forum

14 May 2010 21:19 #11 by The Viking

Rockdocs Sunshine Girl wrote:

LopingAlong wrote: Viking, I love that idea! The problems can be handled as they arise--for example, no one should post how much help they did or did not give. Keep THAT private. Posting annonymously makes a lot of sense and if it turns out that someone keeps asking for more and more and more, then maybe there should be some sort of limit imposed. Like you can't ask for your rent to be paid every month for 3 years; that sort of thing.

It's good to be able to help and to ask for help and to have a community that is willing to give is fabulous. I think suggesting a Pay it Forward attitude is also good!

I think a combo of a public and private way to ask for help would be awesome Viking. That way no one has to feel like this is a taboo subject or has to feel ashamed. And some people are much more private as well. However, I see no reason why people can't also post "a need" in a public forum if they want to.

As far as people abusing the system then people will just stop helping them. I LOVE THE PAY IT FORWARD idea. That's really what all this is about anyways. If someone has an unexpected bill that came up and is really stressed by it then bartering is a great idea too.

I would rather give people the benefit of the doubt than close doors because I'm afraid someone might abuse the forum. It's the same thing as if you have something for sale and nobody buys it. Ok then. We all need a hand sometimes. There is no shame in that whatsoever. And if it has it's "own area" to go then why would people be uncomfortable with it. I think sometimes there is such a stigma attached to this kind of thing and I think that's the biggest shame of all. :peace:

Agreed. I think if people want to post it publicly they can, because some might just want to post that they need help cutting firewood or painting a room. But if people want to keep it private, then they can send a message that goes to an admin who can post the need without posting the name of the person and then people can offer to help them out that way too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 May 2010 08:22 #12 by MyMountainTown
We have added a sub forum in our Community News and Events Forum. Called Good Will Hunting. It is a special place for requests for help and thank yous or memorials. Thanks for the great input.

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds