Kindle Users - good news!

22 Oct 2010 13:54 #1 by ScienceChic
The Amazon Kindle team says:
(AMAZON OFFICIAL)
We wanted to let you know about two new features coming soon.

First, we are making Kindle newspapers and magazines readable on our free Kindle apps, so you can always read Kindle periodicals even if you don't have your Kindle with you or don't yet own a Kindle. In the coming weeks, many newspapers and magazines will be available on our Kindle apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and then we'll be adding this functionality to Kindle for Android and our other apps down the road. Our vision is Buy Once, Read Everywhere, and we're excited to make this possible for Kindle periodicals in the same way that it works now for Kindle books. More details when we launch this in the coming weeks.

Second, later this year, we will be introducing lending for Kindle, a new feature that lets you loan your Kindle books to other Kindle device or Kindle app users. Each book can be lent once for a loan period of 14-days and the lender cannot read the book during the loan period. Additionally, not all e-books will be lendable - this is solely up to the publisher or rights holder, who determines which titles are enabled for lending.

We will post to the forum later this year when these features are available.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2010 13:59 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Kindle Users - good news!
I love my Kindle, I just hated not to be able to share, great news.

22 Oct 2010 14:17 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Kindle Users - good news!
Wow, the non-sharing feature had been a deal breaker for my family. But now that my mom and sisters can share books, I think everyone will be getting one for Christmas.

The sharing isn't so big for me since no one wants to read the obscure books I do, but I like the periodical downloads.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Oct 2010 14:49 #4 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Kindle Users - good news!
I am addicted to my Kindle, I have read more books in the year I have had it than in the previous 5 years or more......many books are free....many more at under $5. When the kindle app came to android it just got better......now if I am stuck waiting in a dr's office....or almost anywhere I can read my current book on my phone. Being able to share, that would be very cool.....as a kindle is on the x-mas list for my daughter.

Oh....if the whole family has kindles, and you have them on the same acct then they already can share all the books.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds