I almost killed my family this morning making pancakes

23 Oct 2010 21:32 #11 by jf1acai
I'm no culinary artist, but my efforts have never been used to polish furniture!

I willl admit, the dog has passed on a few occasions :lol:

I have never found a way to make liver pallatable.

But, it might be useful as furniture polish!

Pancakes can be good, depending on circumstances :Whistle

Am I back on topic now?

:wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2010 22:18 #12 by pineinthegrass
Maybe not as bad an example as yours, but if you watched Lost, these Dharma labels in glorious b&w could be confusing too...

Humm.... we never did learn about who delivered this stuff on Lost.

24 Oct 2010 01:23 #13 by ScienceChic
I once accidentally made pancakes with flour instead of Bisquick - while it didn't kill them, my brother and cousin swore to never eat anything I ever cooked again (we could've lifted weights with those suckers)! So began, and ended, my cooking career. At age 13.

Best thing I ever did - got me outta cooking FOREVER!!! :biggrin:

Glad your story ended well CG!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Oct 2010 08:52 #14 by Wily Fox aka Angela

chocolove wrote: LOL, I remember my mom putting hairspray in my hair and it was actually windex!

it might not have held very well, but oh what a shine!

24 Oct 2010 09:24 #15 by Cupcake

Wily Weasel wrote:

chocolove wrote: LOL, I remember my mom putting hairspray in my hair and it was actually windex!

it might not have held very well, but oh what a shine!

Reaching for the hairspray once, I grabbed the can of Secret powder fresh - 5 minutes before the bus...I had gray hair in 7th grade - now THAT's traumatizing!

24 Oct 2010 09:28 #16 by mtn60
Think keeping the cleaning stuff separate and in another location other than the kitchen....
... might be a Good Idea ????

25 Oct 2010 01:37 #17 by Local_Historian

Wily Weasel wrote: uh.... I just noticed that your picture also shows a jar with a skull and a rat...looks like quite the kitchen ensemble

So, you saying you aren't going ot visit for lunch either?

25 Oct 2010 09:49 #18 by ComputerBreath
I made Beef Stroganoff and after about 2 cups of flour when it still wouldn't thicken, I tasted it...wasn't flour I was putting in but powdered sugar. Dangit, that flank steak is expensive, so I washed the meat and mushrooms off, and started again with flour. It tasted a little sweet.

Now, I smell the white powder before I put it in my stroganoff.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds