With a Heavy Heart for Mtnmom

01 Nov 2010 14:39 - 01 Nov 2010 19:19 #1 by CC
Just wanted to take a moment and say goodbye to someone many of us have known a very long time.
Yesterday we lost a member of our community.
Many of you here, if your roots go back a bit on Pinecam, remember quite simply as Mtnmom.
Alisha Wilson was killed yesterday morning in a tragic accident on Hwy 285 and Spring Rd.
A friend sent me this in an email this morning.
It was one of her last posts on a thread titled, "How long have you been a Pinecammer".

mtnmom
Active Pinecam Poster
Active Pinecam Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I am member 4, right behind Kurt Boyer, Wayne Harrison, and Roobee. I guess that makes me an old timer, huh? I remember the day Kurt came into the chat room and announced he had set up a forum... miss that ol' chatroom... spent many an hour there. there was always a seat available, coffee was always hot and the bar was always open.

We remember those days with great affection.

My prayers are heading up for her family and close friends as I know she will be greatly missed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Nov 2010 14:42 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic With a Heavy Heart for Mtnmom
I am very sorry for you guys. I talked to a couple people that knew her and they are very sad too. Please let us know if we can help you in any way.

01 Nov 2010 14:45 #3 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic With a Heavy Heart for Mtnmom
I did not think I knew her from the news , but I now know that I really did a little. So sorry. Condolences to those that knew her better,She will be missed.

01 Nov 2010 14:51 #4 by Sunshine Girl
A couple of my friends were pretty close to her. Words can't express how sorry I am to hear of her loss. Prayers to her son in the hospital right now as well. As a single mom of three her loss is beyond measure. May her life be celebrated as I hear she was such a fantastic person and mom. I'm sure our wonderful community is here for her family in any way we can help. RIP :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

01 Nov 2010 14:53 #5 by ScienceChic

Sunshine Girl wrote: A couple of my friends were pretty close to her. Words can't express how sorry I am to hear of her loss. Prayers to her son in the hospital right now as well. As a single mom of three her loss is beyond measure. May her life be celebrated as I hear she was such a fantastic person and mom. I'm sure our wonderful community is here for her family in any way we can help. RIP :heart:

:yeahthat: Condolences to those who knew and loved her and prayers for her son's recovery.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Nov 2010 15:13 #6 by jf1acai
I remember many good times with mtnmom in the chat room, as well as talking with her at community events.

She will certainly be missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with Parker, and the rest of her family and friends.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

01 Nov 2010 15:20 #7 by Scooby72
My deepest sympathies and condolences to family and friends - you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

:(

01 Nov 2010 16:30 #8 by CC
Replied by CC on topic With a Heavy Heart for Mtnmom
Saw this posted at PC
Thought I would pass this on here for those of you who would like to help.

I JUST CALLED AND GOT SOME INFO ON ANY DONATIONS FOR THE FAMILY. THERE IS A FUND SET UP THROUGH CONFERENCE BAPTIST CHURCH 303 674-4312 "THE WILSON FAMILY FUND". LISH IS A MEMBER THERE. ANY AMOUNT YOU WANT TO GIVE.

ALSO, THE 2 OLDER BOYS WILL BE STAYING IN THE MOUNTAINS AT A FRIEND OF THE FAMILY AND THEIR BOYS ARE GOOD BUDDIES. THEY WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST ANY GROCERY STORE GIFT CARD, SAFEWAY, KS, OR WHATEVER TO HELP WITH FOOD.

NO CERTAIN AMOUNTS, JUST WHATEVER YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

01 Nov 2010 16:43 #9 by ScienceChic
Would we send the grocery store cards to the church too?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Nov 2010 16:47 #10 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic With a Heavy Heart for Mtnmom
I am sure the bounders will help any way possible, please let us know.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds