Any auto insurance pro's out there?

02 Jun 2010 09:03 #11 by netdude

JoeTheSepticTankPumper wrote: Its Comprehensive I think. Its funny how so many of us barely understand insurance, myself included. We all leave it up to the agent to sell us a policy we dont understand. I think comp covers hitting animals, hail/storm damage, theft, vandalism, etc. I wish High schools taught a basic course in personal finance, insurance, credit, bankruptcy, etc.

I so agree... my wife and I were talking about this a while ago... there SHOULD be a high school course that covers basic personal finance. We had both our kids go through mock bill paying etc... we talked to them about credit and how to avoid using it unless necessary, etc..

We did read our policy docs and they do mention that hitting an animal falls under comprehensive but it is not at all clear if it causes a rate increase on the premiums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2010 09:10 #12 by LOL
"is not at all clear if it causes a rate increase on the premiums."

Not sure about that, I bet it varies with the insurance co. I had a theft claim with state farm many years ago and it did not seem to affect my rates. You could call and ask your agent, if you trust them.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

02 Jun 2010 09:11 #13 by conifermtman

netdude wrote:

conifermtman wrote: One thing to remember, if you hit a tree because you tried to avoid hitting a deer, it is a collission claim.

Thanks CMM... my wife was the one who hit the deer and she didn't have the time to react, barely got her foot on the break. It came out of brush right next to the road at a pretty good rate... it hit her as much as she hit it.... it had to have been spooked.

If you hit the deer first and then that causes you to crash into a tree I believe that would be a comprehensive claim.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds