Any auto insurance pro's out there?

01 Jun 2010 19:35 #1 by netdude
I have a question (open for anybody)....

When a person hits a deer with a car.... does that count as collision or as comprehensive.... I have heard that comprehensive does not count towards rate increases.....

Any insight would be appreciated!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2010 20:27 #2 by pineinthegrass
I'd guess collision, especially if it's a John Deere.

01 Jun 2010 20:32 #3 by JMC
Collision, but I have no idea on how that might effect your rate.If you have an agent ask them, they don't need to report an inquiry. If you buy direct even asking can effect your rate.

01 Jun 2010 21:18 #4 by archer
with most insurances, hitting wildlife is covered under comprehensive.....read your policy

Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your car that was caused by events other than an accident involving another vehicle. Covered events can include theft, fire, vandalism, natural disasters and even hitting a deer or other animal.

http://www.mylegalneeds.com/library/car ... ldlife.cfm

01 Jun 2010 22:33 #5 by Sunshine Girl
Nice to see you Archer. :sunshine:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

01 Jun 2010 22:42 #6 by archer
Thanx SG.....been seeing a lot of familiar "faces" show up here.

01 Jun 2010 22:47 #7 by netdude
Thanks for the info archer-w-5!!!!

Good to see you here.... I hope you are doing well!!!

netdude - aka - il.lupo - aka - d.t.r.!!!

And thanks JMC as well... and glad it was not a John Deere pineinthegrass!!

01 Jun 2010 22:58 #8 by conifermtman
One thing to remember, if you hit a tree because you tried to avoid hitting a deer, it is a collission claim.

02 Jun 2010 08:01 #9 by netdude

conifermtman wrote: One thing to remember, if you hit a tree because you tried to avoid hitting a deer, it is a collission claim.

Thanks CMM... my wife was the one who hit the deer and she didn't have the time to react, barely got her foot on the break. It came out of brush right next to the road at a pretty good rate... it hit her as much as she hit it.... it had to have been spooked.

02 Jun 2010 08:13 #10 by LOL
Its Comprehensive I think. Its funny how so many of us barely understand insurance, myself included. We all leave it up to the agent to sell us a policy we dont understand. I think comp covers hitting animals, hail/storm damage, theft, vandalism, etc. I wish High schools taught a basic course in personal finance, insurance, credit, bankruptcy, etc.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds