Funny Holiday Stories

06 Nov 2010 17:33 #1 by mountaindollar
Thought I would start a new thread as I need a break from politics and with all the tragedy we as a mountain community went through this past week I need some laughs.

Funny holiday stories I thought might be appropriate although at the time mine was not so funny but now we laugh at it.

Just last year I was hosting Thanksgiving, had an 18 pound bird in the oven and I was in the middle of preparing all the fixings.

Went downstairs to retrieve a large baking dish and smelled something funny, our septic was backing up oh no what am I going to do.

Tried the sewer snake no luck hubby was frantically trying to get the lid off the septic but it had ice on it and was frozen tight. After working on it for an hour started making phone calls letting people know we might need to move dinner to my parents’ house.

My 80 year old mother told me they were getting ready to leave so she could help. Ok, started freaking because dinner was still 5 hours away and I can’t expect my parents to use the woods for a toilet. They were quite cute and offered to bring a bucket which she thought she could put in the bathroom and all would be just dandy.

Well, after convincing her to at least give us another hour to try and get the problem taken care of we worked frantically to get the lid off the septic and once we got it off found that we had an ice dam that had formed.

Long story short dinner was two hours late, I survived, Mom still brought the bucket just in case and we were able to spend a wonderful holiday with family and friends. One other thing I am sure that I have way more gray hair now because I insisted that no one bring anything I was going to do it all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds