What non-traditional holiday movie?

09 Nov 2010 19:56 #1 by mountaindollar
What non-traditional holiday movie do you find yourself watching during the holidays?

We watch “Big” I just love when I happen to find it playing during a good snow storm.

We just love it when he eats the baby corn makes me laugh every time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2010 21:05 #2 by ScienceChic
Dogma. Kevin Smith and his take on God and Jesus ROCK!

http://www.moviequotedb.com/movies/dogma/page_2.html
Serendipity:
t doesn't matter what you have faith in, just that you have faith.

Rufus: He still digs humanity, but it bothers Him to see the s**t that gets carried out in His name - wars, bigotry, televangelism. But especially the factioning of all the religions. He said humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it.
Bethany: Having beliefs isn't good?
Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. ...Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate.

Cardinal Glick: Mass attendance is at an all-time low in this country. But if we can let 'em know the Catholic church has a little panache, we can win 'em back - Fill them pews, people! That's the key. Grab the little ones as well. Hook 'em while they're young.
Rufus: Kind of like the tobacco industry?
Cardinal Glick: Christ, if only we had their numbers...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Nov 2010 15:30 #3 by FredHayek
Nope, It's A Wonderful Life I watch every year and while not really about Christmas, it does have a tree in it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds