You own a business, claim that Google listing!

12 Nov 2010 18:06 #1 by computerhounds
You own a local business and you are listed in Google but not on the first page and customers have trouble finding you.
Go to Google maps and claim your listing. It’s FREE!
For that you need to have a Google account or better create one or use your existing Gmail account if you have one. From Google maps, you will be able to better describe what you do, give directions, add pictures from your business & place yourself on the map. Add a picture with that little yellow guy showing the view from the highway.
Google will verify that you are the legitimate owner of the business by calling you back over the phone with a confirmation code to enter on the page.
Then you will be able to describe your business, your hours, offer discount coupons, etc.
Reviews will be displayed below your listing. Have customers review your business from their own Google account. This will help your ranking. Be aware also that Google spider engines will search the Web and may find other reviews good or bad…
(Thanks to Bob Peterson from 10poundgorilla.com for his help with this article).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Nov 2010 07:52 #2 by JMC
I never knew this, thanks

15 Dec 2010 08:10 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic You own a business, claim that Google listing!
This really is some great info. I would love to hear more about Google SEO too.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds