Candidate Committee to Elect Michael Graves PC Sheriff

02 Jun 2010 18:19 #1 by CandidateCommitteeMGraves
A small group of concerned citizens have come together to support Michael Graves in his campaign for Park County Sheriff.
We invite you to be a part of our group as a registered member or a volunteer.
Membership is $5.00 and of course you can make donations in any amount you choose.

A debate has been scheduled for June 11, 2010 between Michael Graves and Fred Wegener.

We ask the community to forward any concerns and/or questions you would like to be discussed at the debate. A committee of three will examine the questions and select them from the most common theme or concern.

The debate will be a blind debate, neither candidate will be privy to the questions before the debate.

You may remain anonymous if you choose.
285bound has offered to web cam the debate if both parties agree to do so. The debate will stay on the site until election day. The Flume will also have a link on their site to online debate.

Both candidates must submit a letter stating that they agree to the web cam.

There are no Democrats running in park county for this election. If democrats want to have their vote counted to impact the outcome of the election they must change their affiliation prior to June 12, 2010 in order to vote in this very critical primary. Unaffiliated voters may vote in the primary by declaring their party as Republican on election day.

Remember this election will be decided AT THE PRIMARY on August 10, 2010. November will simply be a formality.

Please join us at the debate and we welcome all members to our committee.

The current officers of the committee can be reached for registration on 303.816.1232 or 303.838.8241. This is a new committee that needs members and officers to be effective, professional and above board.

“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.” Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2010 18:21 #2 by JMC
Can we ask questions here and get our response ? That would be great!

02 Jun 2010 18:23 #3 by CC
Welcome aboard.
Mike is a really nice guy. We look forward to learning more about him and the race.

02 Jun 2010 18:38 #4 by CandidateCommitteeMGraves
Each Candidate has a personal website that you can go to and ask your questions.

Primarily this user will take advantage of keeping you informed of what events are happening as they relate directly to Michael Graves, and keeping you informed of any important information that may impact the election.

You can certainly ask the questions here. One would hope that you would get an answer, keeping in mind the forum rules and in principle rules of engagement in terms of the legalities. Some questions may not be able to be answered on a public forum.

Thank you all for your responses and keep them coming.

“The time comes upon every public man when it is best for him to keep his lips closed.” Abraham Lincoln

You will see a lot of Lincoln quotes from this user. I think honesty was his best attribute and I get that from our new candidate. As far as I can determine he is honest to a fault...personal opinion.

02 Jun 2010 18:55 #5 by Sunshine Girl

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

02 Jun 2010 19:50 #6 by CC
I am really excited about the webcam at the debate.
What a community service to bring the political process to the people in as many ways as possible.
That is just outstanding.

02 Jun 2010 21:03 - 02 Jun 2010 21:13 #7 by RidinHy06
Whoops! I duped this!

02 Jun 2010 21:11 #8 by RidinHy06
It seems to me the change of affiliation deadline date is July 12th not June 12th. It's 30 days before the Primary Election, which is August 10th. You can go to the Clerk's office in Bailey and fill out the form. All you need is your DL. Those who are unaffiliated can change their party the day of the Election.

02 Jun 2010 21:26 #9 by CC
Good info. Thx

07 Jun 2010 14:18 #10 by CandidateCommitteeMGraves
RydnHi06 is correct...July 12 is the deadline to change party affiliation from or to either party

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds