Xenon resigns

30 Nov 2010 21:03 #1 by Mr Peabody
Xenon resigns was created by Mr Peabody
Xenon, perhaps the hardest working tech on one of the other sites resigns in frustration only to have his post instantly disappear. He will be missed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Nov 2010 21:10 #2 by ckm8
Replied by ckm8 on topic Xenon resigns
I was reading when it disappeared. Would it be inappropriate to post what he had written here? Don't want to step on his toes. He's a good guy.

30 Nov 2010 23:27 #3 by Surveyor
Replied by Surveyor on topic Xenon resigns
The post is still there.

01 Dec 2010 00:29 #4 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Xenon resigns
Actually, it was put back after being removed.

01 Dec 2010 00:51 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Xenon resigns
I've always liked Xenon and appreciated all of his dedication and unseen work (being married to a guy in charge of a company's IT Dept improves that understanding exponentially!), but I have to wonder what brought about his criticism of CommunitiesBound? I think his resignation would've been a lot more powerful if he hadn't thrown that in there, but maybe I'm just biased b/c I love this site and appreciate its members so much! Just my 2 cents. I wish him well!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Dec 2010 00:54 #6 by Crazy Heart
Replied by Crazy Heart on topic Xenon resigns
Must be hard to move on after so long. I am sure it will be an adjustment. Good luck in new adventures.

01 Dec 2010 07:23 #7 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Xenon resigns
I thought Xenon's post was well written. And I am glad he posted it since no one ever seems to want anyone to know who is on the board or who resigned or who does what. They used to make announcements each time, but I guess that's not important anymore.

His criticism of 285bound should be noted. How can any site become better if no one is allowed to share their opinion? Yes, it may have been better if it was posted here, but it was his decision to post it in his resignation post. Hopefully he will join our Community and be welcomed to any opinion he has.

I am glad Xenon, that you now have that weight off your shoulders. I am sure you will be a much happier person.

01 Dec 2010 09:18 #8 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Xenon resigns
:goodpost: Very true pacamom; you speak wisely!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Dec 2010 12:21 #9 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Xenon resigns
It's going to be interesting when there's a big weather event or fire and PC hits the skids. You can't expect to lay the whole burden on one person, blow off their suggestions, and still expect them to do the "above and beyond" that Xenon has been doing.

And I agree with Pacamom -- what's the big secret on who's on the BOD? I won't get into the lack of truth of the term limits, etc., in the Board's disclaimer at the end of Xenon's post.

01 Dec 2010 14:18 #10 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Xenon resigns
Final note, an email I sent to help clarify the position of 285bound was posted on PC. I sent that email asking that the poster clarify his statement after knowing some pertinent info. I never expected to have the email public. We want to do the best for this community but have not always made these efforts public. As always your support has been critical and we will always give back to the 285 community. Our ongoing commitment.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds