Weekend Activities .....

06 Dec 2010 12:12 #21 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Weekend Activities .....

pacamom wrote:

pinedust wrote: During the parade we were across from the judges stand. Afterwards we walked down to Ravens and had a few hot coffee & Bailey's drinks and an appetizer while watching the awards.
I didn't see many people I knew at all. Sorry we missed you.

I was forced ( :Whistle ) on the Knit Knook float just before the reviewing stand. Was at Knit Knook and forced ( :Whistle ) to go to Raven's , but since I was having vehicle trouble I couldn't stay.

Sorry I missed you, but then again I wasn't really looking for anyone.

I wondered why you just ran off and disappeared!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2010 22:18 - 08 Dec 2010 09:58 #22 by ScienceChic
If anyone's interested in coming down the hill, there's a lot going on in Golden every weekend through Christmas!
http://www.2hourvacation.com/calendar/2010-12-11.html

This weekend and next:
Saturday:
Golden Visitors Center is hosting a Holiday Open House with cookies, candy and refreshments, sponsored by the Love and Logic Institute from 10-4.

Breakfast with Santa and the Christmas Showcase at the Buffalo Rose Event Center from 9-11am.

Olde Golden Christmas Parade, Washington Ave 11-11:30am

SCFD Family Day at Foothills Art Center 11-2. Kids art activities. Edit to add: this weekend only for this event

Golden Victorian Carolers will be strolling the avenue from 11:30-1:30

Holiday Story Telling at Clear Creek Books from 12-12:30

Santa Claus will be at Avenue Gifts from 12-3 (bring your own camera)

Newfoundland Dog Cart Rides, free for children, pick up at 12th and Jackson St., 12-3 Donations benefit Newfoundland dog rescue fund

Free Horse Drawn Carriage Rides through historic Downtown Golden, pick up at 12th bet Washington and Arapahoe 12-4, weather permitting

Sunday
Free Horse Drawn Carriage Rides from 12-4 (these are so expensive in Denver!)

Saturday the 19th additional event
Meyer Hardware, Jerry Barlow, Celtic guitarist performs from 12-2

Saturday Dec 31st, Briarwood Inn (one of my favorite restaurants!), celebrate 1-1-11 with entertainment, special desserts, and champagne toast, reservations required 303-279-3121

Personal plug: If you want to support a good bunch of kids, the Colorado Taekwondo Institute is having their 12th Lee H. Park Team Championships/2nd Annual Hanmadung Tournament this Saturday at Alameda High School (the Conifer campus is part of CTI). Admission is free, but the Black Belt Club usually has a snack table set up and all purchases go toward the Black Belt Club's trip to Germany next summer! The competition begins at 7am with the Black Belt Events - High Kicking Contest, Team Staff Poomse, Team Poomse, and Board Breaking. My kids will be competing (ages 3 and 7), starting at 11:30, so come cheer them all on! :thumbsup:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Dec 2010 07:24 #23 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Weekend Activities .....
Very cool stuff here. TY SC. Nice hat. LOL It is catching.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds