Weekend Activities .....

04 Dec 2010 17:00 #11 by pinedust
Replied by pinedust on topic Weekend Activities .....
We were there. It was a nice parade and the weather cooperated. Not as many dogs as I remember in years past, it used to be a regular K9 social event.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Dec 2010 17:05 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Weekend Activities .....
No pics?

05 Dec 2010 16:08 #13 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Weekend Activities .....
I forgot my camera. Viking had a camera and video recorder. Maybe he is still editing for publication. :Whistle

Pinedust - you are correct. Not very many dogs. No sled dogs, no irish wolfhounds. No throwing candy. Some IMHS dogs were there and well as some of their great volunteers.
As usual the Three Magaritas dancers and horses were great. All the floats were great. A lot of creative hard work by local folks. 4-H, cub scouts, churchs, and local non-profits.

The Knit Knook float was great, but no Ruby. But there was a chicken with a hand knit sweater. And some rogue parade watcher got a free ride on the Knit Knook float. rofllol

Not sure how the placings came out for floats (1st, or 2nd or 3rd) - I couldn't stay for the award ceremony at Raven's.
BTW, Raven's was packed. What a great turnout - everyone in the parade must have been there.

John-Michael and Ellen Keyes were the Grand Marshal's. I saw a lot of people I knew, but never saw Choco and Pinedust.
It was fairly nice out, so I don't think anyone got frostbite. Except for Viking.

05 Dec 2010 16:27 #14 by pinedust
Replied by pinedust on topic Weekend Activities .....
During the parade we were across from the judges stand. Afterwards we walked down to Ravens and had a few hot coffee & Bailey's drinks and an appetizer while watching the awards.
I didn't see many people I knew at all. Sorry we missed you.

05 Dec 2010 19:12 #15 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Weekend Activities .....
I have enjoyed participating in the Conifer Christmas Parade for several years. Due to a cold that I can't seem to get rid of, I missed it this year.

I would love to see some pictures! <hint><hint>

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

05 Dec 2010 20:04 #16 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Weekend Activities .....

pacamom wrote: I forgot my camera. Viking had a camera and video recorder. Maybe he is still editing for publication. :Whistle

Pinedust - you are correct. Not very many dogs. No sled dogs, no irish wolfhounds. No throwing candy. Some IMHS dogs were there and well as some of their great volunteers.
As usual the Three Magaritas dancers and horses were great. All the floats were great. A lot of creative hard work by local folks. 4-H, cub scouts, churchs, and local non-profits.

The Knit Knook float was great, but no Ruby. But there was a chicken with a hand knit sweater. And some rogue parade watcher got a free ride on the Knit Knook float. rofllol

Not sure how the placings came out for floats (1st, or 2nd or 3rd) - I couldn't stay for the award ceremony at Raven's.
BTW, Raven's was packed. What a great turnout - everyone in the parade must have been there.

John-Michael and Ellen Keyes were the Grand Marshal's. I saw a lot of people I knew, but never saw Choco and Pinedust.
It was fairly nice out, so I don't think anyone got frostbite. Except for Viking.

I have to edit out all the talking we did over the parade. Some things might offend others.

And yes the frostbite sucked. Why didn't you tell me my zipper was down!!! :VeryScared:

05 Dec 2010 23:02 #17 by Local_Historian
Chortle!

NO candy throwing? What? That's sad.

We did not go - we haven't gone since 2007 - hubby was the Grinch in the santa suit that year. 2008 I was working, and last year was COLD. No excuse this year except no motivation to leave the house.

05 Dec 2010 23:14 #18 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Weekend Activities .....

jf1acai wrote: I have enjoyed participating in the Conifer Christmas Parade for several years. Due to a cold that I can't seem to get rid of, I missed it this year.

I would love to see some pictures! <hint><hint>

I will see what I can do. I must have took over 100 of them. I will go through them when I have time.

06 Dec 2010 11:36 #19 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Weekend Activities .....

pinedust wrote: During the parade we were across from the judges stand. Afterwards we walked down to Ravens and had a few hot coffee & Bailey's drinks and an appetizer while watching the awards.

I was forced ( :Whistle ) on the Knit Knook float just before the reviewing stand. Was at Knit Knook and forced ( :Whistle ) to go to Raven's , but since I was having vehicle trouble I couldn't stay.

Sorry I missed you, but then again I wasn't really looking for anyone.

06 Dec 2010 12:10 #20 by Local_Historian

pacamom wrote:

pinedust wrote: During the parade we were across from the judges stand. Afterwards we walked down to Ravens and had a few hot coffee & Bailey's drinks and an appetizer while watching the awards.

I was forced ( :Whistle ) on the Knit Knook float just before the reviewing stand. Was at Knit Knook and forced ( :Whistle ) to go to Raven's , but since I was having vehicle trouble I couldn't stay.

Sorry I missed you, but then again I wasn't really looking for anyone.

So, how's your arm healing from that bruising from all the twisting of it? :lol:

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds