Arrest made in 2005 homicide in Aspen Park

06 Dec 2010 15:56 #1 by MyMountainTown
Arrest made in 2005 homicide in Aspen Park
Suspect is the victim’s former son-in-law

Jefferson County, Co. – On December 2, 2010, Jeffco Sheriff’s investigators traveled to Taney County, Missouri to execute an arrest warrant for Sheldon Lee Herrington (dob 092072) for 1st degree murder. Investigators made the arrest with the assistance of the Missouri State Police and deputies from the Taney County Sheriff’s Office. Herrington was initially hiding at a friend’s house when investigators arrived but eventually surrendered to the police.

The initial murder investigation began on May 28, 2005 when the victim’s wife called 911 after discovering her husband badly beaten outside of their home at 25786 Stansbery Street. Attempts to save the victim’s life were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead at the scene. The victim was identified as Patrick Housand, a 70-year-old resident of Aspen Park.

From that day to this, the murder investigation has been assigned to members of Jeffco’s Homicide Unit. Investigators have continuously worked tips and leads in the case in hopes of identifying the killer and bringing answers and closure to the Housand family. In recent weeks, investigators acquired critical new information in the murder investigation which led to the issuance of an arrest warrant for Sheldon Herrington, the victim’s former son-in-law.

Herrington will be extradited to Jeffco in the coming days where he will face charges for 1st degree murder after deliberation, felony murder, aggravated robbery, 1st degree burglary and 2nd degree burglary. Herrington currently has a no bond hold.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16790711?source=rss

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Dec 2010 16:01 #2 by MamaRama
KUDOS to jefferson Co. I guess that's how REAL police work is done!!!!!

06 Dec 2010 17:28 #3 by ShilohLady
Hopefully this will bring some closure to his victim's widow and other family members.

06 Dec 2010 17:34 #4 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Arrest made in 2005 homicide in Aspen Park
I hope this teaches Father In Laws everywhere to mind their own business.

06 Dec 2010 18:51 #5 by Sunshine Girl

Vice Lord wrote: I hope this teaches Father In Laws everywhere to mind their own business.

Are you kidding me!?! Why do you assume the FIL did anything wrong? He was 70 and the SIL was what, 30 at the time? I'm glad he was finally caught. Kuddos to the law enforcement officers.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

06 Dec 2010 19:19 #6 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Arrest made in 2005 homicide in Aspen Park

Sunshine Girl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: I hope this teaches Father In Laws everywhere to mind their own business.

Are you kidding me!?! Why do you assume the FIL did anything wrong? He was 70 and the SIL was what, 30 at the time? I'm glad he was finally caught. Kuddos to the law enforcement officers.

It was a bad joke...Very poor taste. I apologize

06 Dec 2010 20:28 #7 by chocolove
So glad they caught him and the family will get closure. One of my co-workers was related to Patrick and I know it was very hard for them not knowing what happened.

06 Dec 2010 20:30 #8 by dummy up
Better late than never , I'm very happy they nailed this guy.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds