It only took me 10 years..........

06 Dec 2010 20:30 #1 by Sunshine Girl
Ten years ago I lost both my parents. Later on my siblings and I divided up the Christmas ornaments that we all grow up decorating on the most beautiful Christmas tree you've ever seen. This year will be my first year decorating our tree with their ornaments (in addition to some of ours). It was very touching yesterday handling and hanging the ornaments that my mom and dad touched themselves. Thanks for letting me share and Happy Holidays to all of you!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Dec 2010 20:34 #2 by ScienceChic
So sorry for your loss SG. I still remember my favorite ornaments from my childhood but hope to not inherit them anytime soon. Peace be with your family!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Dec 2010 20:36 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic It only took me 10 years..........
Very touching story. Thanks for sharing.

07 Dec 2010 06:26 #4 by RivendaleFarms
SG, I imagine it was bittersweet, but also hope it brought back great memories for you. Would love to see a picture of the decorated tree!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds