For the Fiber Junkies

05 Jun 2010 08:50 #1 by RivendaleFarms
On one of the knitting blogs I follow (and yeah, that means there's more than one and this will only get geekier), the author announced a contest to win a very, very yummy skein of Cashmere yarn from France that was in his stash. No real rules, totally subjective on his part, you just had to write why you wanted it and what you were going to do with it. (I took the totally selfish approach rather than altruistic because really, if I were to have a $55 skein of cashmere I'm sure not making something to give away. Nope. Part 2 of the saga occurred later in the week on another knitting blog (The Yarn Harlot for anybody who reads her - she's freakin' hysterical if you don't) when Steven of the first blog caused quite a ruckus over the official definition of lace. (Told you this would get geekier!) Over 1200 people jumped in immediately with their opinion - who knew people could feel so strongly about the definition of lace for cryin' out loud - so in a little fit of smart-assedness I posted basically that I would vote for whatever would win me that skein of cashmere over on Steven's blog.

Well, Steven read it and I won!! He especially liked that I went against my own principles on what defined lace on his behalf and for completely selfish reasons. He's just twisted enough that I've decided I love him madly. (And yes, the fact that I apparently have principles on the definition of lace has not escaped my notice and scares me just a little bit.)

Bottom line, it arrived yesterday, it's ooooooooooooh, oh so soft and 175 yards of deliciousness. I'm going to send him a skein of my handpainted alpaca/silk as a thank you. Haven't fully decided what to knit yet, I think first I'll just take it on tour and pet it a lot. First stop will be later this morning at the Knit Knook.

Any other over-the-top Fiber Junkies out there?

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2010 20:25 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic For the Fiber Junkies
Me. Only mine is all fiber.............still..................

21 Jun 2010 14:43 #3 by wildiris
Replied by wildiris on topic For the Fiber Junkies
Awesome, Rivendale Farms! Along with being a knitting forum/blog junkie I am also a knitting podcast junkie! I guess this is what happens when we have a fiber addiction!

21 Jun 2010 15:07 #4 by Local_Historian
Awesome!

Most of my stash is the evil Red Heart, though I have some lovely bamboo/alpaca and some blue silk roving to spin someday.

Do you Ravelry.com? You should.

21 Jun 2010 15:37 #5 by RivendaleFarms
LH, bamboo/alpaca? Yum! Is it in your stash on Ravelry? I'm on there as RivendaleFarms.

Wildiris, I joined the Knitmore Girls podcast group on Ravelry, but turns out I actually don't know how to listen to them. Is there a way to download them? If so, I could swipe hubby's Ipod and listen on the drive to work.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

21 Jun 2010 23:02 #6 by wildiris
Yes, I download them onto my i-tunes for free and then to my i-pod. Knitmore girls is my favorite but there are many many others

22 Jun 2010 01:18 #7 by Local_Historian
no, not yet - I didn't stash any yarn on there - would take too long.

I'm on there as crochetexaminer.

22 Jun 2010 09:53 #8 by wildiris

Local_Historian wrote: no, not yet - I didn't stash any yarn on there - would take too long.

I'm on there as crochetexaminer.

I added you as my friend!

22 Jun 2010 16:35 #9 by Local_Historian
Cool beans!

I do tend to hang out in odd places there, I'll warn you now - like LSG

22 Jun 2010 16:38 #10 by RivendaleFarms
I added you to my friends there as well! I don't hang out in too many groups there, odd or otherwise. I'm just finally getting around to getting projects and stash added in.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds