Okay, this isn't funny....

15 May 2010 17:55 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Okay, this isn't funny.... was created by CinnamonGirl
So, I got a scooter store promotional packet in the mail today. And it is addressed to me BY NAME. Not to resident. What the h*ll? They sent me two. Not funny.... :Whatever:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 May 2010 18:07 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Okay, this isn't funny....

CinnamonGirl wrote: So, I got a scooter store promotional packet in the mail today. And it is addressed to me BY NAME. Not to resident. What the h*ll? They sent me two. Not funny.... :Whatever:

You must be really old

15 May 2010 18:12 #3 by The Viking
Just put it over in the pile with your AARP card and your Social Security checks.

15 May 2010 18:19 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Okay, this isn't funny....
I am not old enough to get that in the mail or an AARP card. Heck I look 35.

15 May 2010 20:13 - 16 May 2010 10:32 #5 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Okay, this isn't funny....
Age is not the point is it. Where did they get your information? Clearly someone sold it. All the more reason to be evasive in what you supply on line.

15 May 2010 22:30 #6 by chainsawbob
Sometimes I wonder where they get their information. 40+ years ago a friend of mine and I registered imaginary friends for the birthday club at an ice cream parlor. (2 free ice creams a year!) Dave's imaginary friend got a invite to join the AARP last year. The birthday club 40+ years ago is the only thing we can figure.

16 May 2010 00:06 #7 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Okay, this isn't funny....

chainsawbob wrote: Sometimes I wonder where they get their information. 40+ years ago a friend of mine and I registered imaginary friends for the birthday club at an ice cream parlor. (2 free ice creams a year!) Dave's imaginary friend got a invite to join the AARP last year. The birthday club 40+ years ago is the only thing we can figure.

LOL Now that is funny, but underscores the longevity of personal information in other's files. I do not particularly think highly of mail that arrives for me addressed by my ex's name whom I've not been with for several decades. Same issue. Mailing lists were hard copy back when. Now days everyting is digital, so imagine how wildely dispersed this information becomes and how long it remains on all kinds of servers all over the world. Frightening i.e. every country you visit has your personal information in their computer. I've a story about this that blew me away a number of years ago. I'll share it later. Got to go back to work.

16 May 2010 00:11 #8 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: I am not old enough to get that in the mail or an AARP card. Heck I look 35.

I know you do. With my salt and pepper hair I look a lot older than you do! I actually had a lady in the bar a few months ago who was in her late 20's or early 30's who told me I reminded her of her dad. I now look for dates at senior centers.

16 May 2010 01:03 #9 by chocolove
Bar? I can't imagine anyone other than my kids or other people's kids saying that you reminded them of their dad! PITA but I have been getting AARP invitations for a while. I keep wondering where they get their information too!

16 May 2010 04:00 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Okay, this isn't funny....
They got the wrong info on me. I am not old enough for The Scooter Store!!! :dontget:

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds