Pearl comes out of ear 41 years later

22 Dec 2010 18:32 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Pearl comes out of ear 41 years later was created by CinnamonGirl
http://www.ajc.com/news/pearl-comes-out-of-783144.html

People always told Calvin Wright he spoke too loudly.

Calvin Wright of Athens had a pearl pulled out of his ear after 41 years during a recent trip to the doctor. The 46-year-old man was unaware it had been stuck in there since a childhood incident with his mother's necklace.

For 41 years, the Athens man had a pearl from his mother's necklace stuck in his ear canal. ER staff at St. Mary's Hospital discovered it when Wright came in suffering from bronchitis this month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2010 19:08 #2 by major bean
You would think that a person might find this pearl while cleaning his ears every once in a while.

Regards,
Major Bean

22 Dec 2010 19:13 #3 by Tiny Bubbles
It wasnt nice that he had to clam up because he spoke to loudly.

23 Dec 2010 09:25 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???

23 Dec 2010 09:42 #5 by Wayne Harrison
This reminds me of when I developed a very bad headache (I rarely get headaches -- maybe 3 a year) quite a long time ago. My headache was so bad, I went to the emergency room (Kaiser sent me to St. Joe's emergency).

I couldn't figure out why the doctor was looking in my ears when I had a headache. I just wanted some strong pain reliever to get rid of it.

Anyway, he saw something in one ear and used a strong stream of earwash and and probe with a rounded metal tip and and finally worked out a really large ball of earwax that had settled against my eardrum. Very gross.

As he pulled the large ball of wax out of my ear, he announced, "It's a boy!" My headache went away immediately.

(not a real picture of earwax)

That's when I found out that by using Q-tips I had packed the wax far down in my ear.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds