Forecast: Snow and Cold Temps

30 Dec 2010 09:02 #1 by Wayne Harrison
From the National Weather Service:

Tonight: Snow. Low around -4. Wind chill values as low as -12. North northeast wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Friday: Snow likely. Cloudy and cold, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -12. Calm wind becoming northwest between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Friday Night: A 10 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around -10. Wind chill values as low as -30. Calm wind becoming west between 10 and 13 mph.

New Year's Day:
Mostly sunny, with a high near 16. West northwest wind between 5 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 32.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Dec 2010 09:31 #2 by Residenttroll returns
The climate is about to change.

30 Dec 2010 09:41 #3 by Wayne Harrison
The climate changes four times a year, with the seasons.

30 Dec 2010 11:12 #4 by Residenttroll returns

HappyNewYear wrote: The climate changes four times a year, with the seasons.

Not true...parts of the world don't have four seasons...but thanks for clarifying the climate change is natural and not man made.

30 Dec 2010 12:08 #5 by Wayne Harrison
If you want to discuss climate change, start your own discussion. Don't hijack a discussion about the latest storm in Colorado.

30 Dec 2010 12:44 #6 by Residenttroll returns

HappyNewYear wrote: If you want to discuss climate change, start your own discussion. Don't hijack a discussion about the latest storm in Colorado.

I thought the latest storm was climate change? The climate in the foothills has changed drastically in the last 24 hours. We have gone from a lows in the teens to highs in the teens. I guess all of those days of turning down my thermostat and paying higher electric bills is starting to pay off.

30 Dec 2010 14:03 #7 by ScienceChic
rofllol :pop

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Dec 2010 15:26 #8 by Wayne Harrison

residenttroll wrote: I thought the latest storm was climate change?

What a maroon....

Anyone want to guess how this happened?

30 Dec 2010 16:04 #9 by HEARTLESS
I'll guess! Two drivers, going in opposite directions, thought they saw Al Gore in their rear view mirrors and blam, they missed.
Since the title of the thread mentioned "approaching storm", and its clearly here now, this opens the thread for hijacking.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

30 Dec 2010 22:37 #10 by Scooby72

HappyNewYear wrote:

residenttroll wrote: I thought the latest storm was climate change?

What a maroon....

Anyone want to guess how this happened?

Oh! Pick me pick me! Climate Change??

:wink:

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds