I did it!!!

16 May 2010 07:08 #1 by JRSK
I did it!!! was created by JRSK
I ran my first half marathon last weekend! and Finished! in the snow!! :woo hoo:
I never thought I could actually run 13.1 miles without collapsing but I crossed the Finish line in 2hrs and 16min.
I was on track to finish in 2:08 but at mile 11 my knee gave out and I had to walk most of the last two miles in.. I have actually really enjoying all the training and the race; over 1000 runners. Dare I attempt to train for a full marathon??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 May 2010 07:10 #2 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic I did it!!!
Congratulations, R! Good job, way to go, woohoo! (I can't find the emoticons; will look and then add)

16 May 2010 07:37 #3 by Robynabc
Replied by Robynabc on topic I did it!!!
Wow, I am thoroughly impressed. Awesome.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

16 May 2010 07:55 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic I did it!!!
Good job! I can't even make 2 miles on a treadmill!

16 May 2010 08:07 #5 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic I did it!!!
Here ya go! :balloons: :balloons: :Cheer: :Cheer :sissies :cool0012: :banana: :snow: :Eating: :rainingsmiles: :woo hoo: :balloons: :icecream: :goodone: :sunshine: :Cheer :Cheer: :Cheer

16 May 2010 08:13 #6 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic I did it!!!
Good job. You can do a full marathon too. Take your time to train for it. Do not rush to make it happen, it only leads to injury. I know from first hand experience. I ran the Houston marathon after only 8 months of running. I killed my ankles so now it's mostly riding a bike. I miss those long runs and the high I used to enjoy from them. Again, congratulations and good luck with your running no matter what distances you wish to conquer.

16 May 2010 09:50 #7 by pinedust
Replied by pinedust on topic I did it!!!
Congratulations!
Yes, go for a full marathon! It is a high very few get to experience. I have run a number of them... a few decades ago and at sea level. I couldn't even imagine trying to run one now.

16 May 2010 15:12 #8 by JRSK
Replied by JRSK on topic I did it!!!

pinedust wrote: Congratulations!
Yes, go for a full marathon! It is a high very few get to experience. I have run a number of them... a few decades ago and at sea level. I couldn't even imagine trying to run one now.

It's iinteresting you mentioned the "high".. i thought that was just me being twisted!! That feeling I get when running long distances is amazing and addicting; I don't want my run to end! LOVE it.. I have another half schedule in Aug.; until then it's 10K's. Trying to rest and strenghten the knee is harder than running the half. wish it would get better faster!

Thanks Everyone!! Not often do I say this but I am proud of this accomplishment!

16 May 2010 15:18 #9 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic I did it!!!
You have a lot to be proud of. It is a high when you accomplish a goal that requires discipline and perseverance. Keep it going!

17 May 2010 12:19 #10 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic I did it!!!
Congratulations!!! :woo hoo: I don't think I could ever do that. You must be EXTREMELY proud of yourself. Way to go! :bravo:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds