Bat in house

07 Jun 2010 11:30 #11 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Bat in house
Used to always get them flying by the deck, but haven't seen them in years, THANKS to the Richmont Hill homes (no Offence).
RCJ, 1st put netting on all your windows, then open all the windows, and make lots of garlic bread andthey'll fly out the window into the net. Easy, or get a couple of water guns fill with Holy Water and chase them into the nets.
Just a thought.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jun 2010 12:11 #12 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Bat in house
Jeffco Health just confirmed....we need to have it tested, and they are going to quarantine our dog as well. Animal control is on it's way!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Jun 2010 12:12 #13 by RenegadeCJ

TPP wrote: Used to always get them flying by the deck, but haven't seen them in years, THANKS to the Richmont Hill homes (no Offence).
RCJ, 1st put netting on all your windows, then open all the windows, and make lots of garlic bread andthey'll fly out the window into the net. Easy, or get a couple of water guns fill with Holy Water and chase them into the nets.
Just a thought.

I thought holy water might work too....but I seem to be in short supply. I have holy buckets....but no water in them :whistle:

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Jun 2010 12:25 #14 by I am Woman
Replied by I am Woman on topic Bat in house
I'm sorry to hear you may have to have such a painful experience. Why are they taking your dog? If the dog has had it's shots it shouldn't be at risk should it?

I do hope everything works out for you and that the bat does not have rabies.

07 Jun 2010 12:33 #15 by RenegadeCJ

I am Woman wrote: I'm sorry to hear you may have to have such a painful experience. Why are they taking your dog? If the dog has had it's shots it shouldn't be at risk should it?

I do hope everything works out for you and that the bat does not have rabies.

Don't know....sounds like if they can verify he is up to date on his shots (he is), then he may get a "home quarantine", which is pretty much what he does every day anyway.

I'm optimistic that the test will come back negative, and only the poor little bat will have paid the ultimate price.

07 Jun 2010 12:39 #16 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic Bat in house
Outside, bats are god's creatures - lovely little flying examples of wildlife.

Inside, they are vermin.

I'm thinkin that sooner or later evolution will kinda kick in and create a new breed of fuzzy little critters who's instinct tells 'em "Abandon all hope ye who enter here" in a big ol booming voice when they're staring into an open human abode.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

15 Jul 2010 12:35 #17 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Bat in house
So..................what happened?

15 Jul 2010 12:48 #18 by RenegadeCJ
Bat was tested by Jeffco...came back negative. The only thing that really happened....was the poor bat had to give his/her brain to science, and we now keep our screen doors shut more often!

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds