Great movies in Alphabetical order and scenes from them

13 Jan 2011 15:29 #51 by The Viking
What kind of theme? It took forever just to make it through this one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2011 15:35 #52 by ScienceChic
3 days = forever? You sound like my kids! :biggrin:

I was thinking classics (even more challenging - classic song and dance only! Though I'm not sure we could find all the letters on that one...), or favorite Disney (animated only or both?), comedies, or sci fi! What else would be a good theme? I don't watch horror so someone else would have to step up for that.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Jan 2011 15:38 #53 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: 3 days = forever? You sound like my kids! :biggrin:

I was thinking classics (even more challenging - classic song and dance only! Though I'm not sure we could find all the letters on that one...), or favorite Disney (animated only or both?), comedies, or sci fi! What else would be a good theme? I don't watch horror so someone else would have to step up for that.

Not sure if we could find all the letters for classic song and dance, and I don't think Disney covers all the letter either. Comedy or sci fi or western or action? How about french Foreign films. I'll start......

Amelie.... One of the greatest foreign films ever

[youtube:26e3ejh9]
[/youtube:26e3ejh9]

13 Jan 2011 15:39 #54 by The Viking
Just kidding, we can pick a theme if you like. And 3 days isn't long but it was tough to get many people to join in. I wonder if animated would find enough movies?

13 Jan 2011 15:40 #55 by ScienceChic
French foreign films???????? Ehhh?

Well, this is gonna be interesting! :) I think I'm in for an education - I get to put in Lolita!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Jan 2011 15:42 #56 by ScienceChic
Disney has over 700 films (I know this cuz my Dad is insisting on physically collecting each every d@*# one of 'em - regardless of availability) - there has to be at least one of every letter!

edit to add: we don't have to limit to Disney if going animated...

13 Jan 2011 16:28 #57 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: Disney has over 700 films (I know this cuz my Dad is insisting on physically collecting each every d@*# one of 'em - regardless of availability) - there has to be at least one of every letter!

edit to add: we don't have to limit to Disney if going animated...

OK, let's do an animated run A-Z and see what we get. Could be fun.

14 Jan 2011 10:11 #58 by ScienceChic
A Bug's Life
[youtube:na0nqkp6]
[/youtube:na0nqkp6]

14 Jan 2011 12:43 #59 by ScienceChic
Decided to add some more obscure ones
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (loved Michael J Fox, James Garner, and Leonard Nimoy voicing the characters)
[youtube:1hrtkd8v]
[/youtube:1hrtkd8v]

Another one with quite the cast: Bernadette Peters, Gary Goldman, Kirsten Dunst, Angela Lansbury, Kelsey Grammer, Meg Ryan, John Cusack, Christopher Lloyd, Hank Azaria
(Not the best adaptation in the world, but I'm partial to the main character's street name!)
Anastasia
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3635806489/

14 Jan 2011 17:11 #60 by The Viking
Beauty and the Beast

[youtube:xe37wy0i]
[/youtube:xe37wy0i]

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds