IMPORTANT STATEMENT FROM 285bound.com regarding IMHS

20 Jan 2011 18:02 #1 by MyMountainTown
This item came to us from us from . and wanted to alert our readers.

Good afternoon,

We've received both good and bad news this afternoon.

Good news first; a neutral volunteer has indicated that the first draft of our proposal has been reviewed by some of the board and staff members and has been well received. It sounds as though the board is receptive to working with the shelter's supporters to come to a positive resolution.

The bad news is deeply troubling and we hope it will serve as a reminder that we can only effect positive change from a positive origin. The home of one staff/board member and office of another were vandalized last night in a very intimidating manner. We ask that everyone keep this in mind when attending and/or participating in the board meeting this evening. We all have an opportunity to contribute to a beneficial solution and we can accomplish a great deal with constructive communication and professionalism.

Thank you each for chosing to get involved in this way.

Some may disagree with IMHS's action concerning their ringworm outbreak but this reaction is just unacceptable for all of us that want the best outcome for the animals that IMHS serves. We encourage dialogue but hope that this type of action stops now. Many members of this site have offered resources and time to provide alternatives for IMHS, we encourage constructive input. This vandalism is not productive. 285bound condemns this action.

285 Bound Management

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 18:31 #2 by Norm
This is terrible! A friend that lives in the area told me about the vandalism and this is completely unacceptable. This has gotten out of hand............shame on you if you did this. I hope law enforcement finds you and IMHS presses charges. Seems to me that law enforcement should be present at the board meeting........

This is not good for any community - - - - - if you post or read here, please know that many of us do not condone this type of behavior.

20 Jan 2011 19:16 #3 by CC
Did these individuals file a police report?
I am looking forward to hearing about the meeting tonight.

20 Jan 2011 19:27 #4 by Norm
I have no clue but hopefully all or both filed reports.

20 Jan 2011 19:36 #5 by jf1acai
Constructive disagreement is a great thing, and leads to improvement. However, vandalism or intimidation of any kind is totally non-productive and despicable.

I hope that the perpetrators will be caught, and prosecuted appropriately.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

20 Jan 2011 21:20 #6 by Local_Historian
Vandalized? WTF?

Come on folks, it was some cats - it's so not worth this kind of behavior!

I'm with JF on this - I hope they get caught and have to pay full restitution and then some.

21 Jan 2011 06:55 #7 by HEARTLESS
Hopefully a neighbor can provide some details to law enforcement to catch the person or persons that did this.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

21 Jan 2011 10:00 #8 by 2wlady
Vandalism about some cats?

Vandalism for any "reason" is unjustified and should not be tolerated.

21 Jan 2011 18:38 #9 by MoCat
No matter what it is about (cats, dogs, humans), vandalism is still a childish, stupid, vindictive act.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds