Car finder app

29 Jan 2011 12:54 #1 by ScienceChic
Car finder app was created by ScienceChic
At first, I thought it would be a good idea for my hubby, who has trouble remembering things like this. But then I started realizing that it's yet another way that we are letting technology take over a simple, yet very important function for us. If we don't use our neurons, especially those in the hippocampus - the seat of all memory - then we lose them, with increased risks for dementia and other diseases occurring. Directly, no metaphors applied here. If you or anyone you know suffers from early or mid-stage Alzheimers, and is still functionally able to safely operate a vehicle, this would be helpful, otherwise don't be lazy and let your neurons wither and die! :biggrin:

http://gizmodo.com/5483539/car-locator- ... 00-a-month
Car Locator Android App Makes $13,000 a Month

It may not be the $1m that Tapulous brings in each month for its Tap Tap Revenge series of iPhone apps, but independent developer Edward Kim is understandably pleased with his $13,000/month from the Car Locator Android app.

He's seen 70,000 downloads of the free app, but 6,950 of the paid-for version. Kim originally priced it at $1.99 per download, but increased it to $3.99—with the number of downloads unaffected by the price hike.

The app is pretty basic, it saves your location wherever you park, and when you return to the carpark it will help you navigate back to the location. Writing on his blog, Kim said:

"it was netting an average of about $80 - $100/day, until it became a featured app on the Marketplace. Since then, sales have been phenomenal, netting an average of $435/day, with a one day record of $772 on Valentine's Day."

http://boingboing.net/2009/11/04/car-fi ... for-i.html
Car Finder app for iPhone

It's called Car Finder and it helps you find your parked car.

The app uses the iPhone's camera to overlay the direction of your car and how far away it is. The app relies on the camera and a digital compass, and is compatible only with the iPhone 3GS running 3.1 or later.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds