285 Conditions - 1/31

31 Jan 2011 09:52 #1 by Scooby72
I left at 630, dropped off the kiddo at Conifer and headed down. It was starting to mist/drizzle and the roads were icy. I work at the VA and trying to decide what time to take off. I'm thinking no later than 2.

How is it looking up there now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2011 12:07 #2 by mtnvicky
Replied by mtnvicky on topic 285 Conditions - 1/31
I just got back from going into Denver. 285 coming back was much better than going down there this morning around 9. It's still icy in some places. Who knows what it will be like later in the day. Be careful !

31 Jan 2011 12:39 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic 285 Conditions - 1/31
I slid on my front walk this morning the sidewalks were covered in ice. Please be careful guys!

31 Jan 2011 12:45 #4 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic 285 Conditions - 1/31
It is totally dry up here in Conifer. Was down in Denver this morning early and the roads were terrible starting half way down. And Denver is by far much worse than up here.

31 Jan 2011 13:14 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
Nothing here. Hazy sunshine.

31 Jan 2011 14:25 #6 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic 285 Conditions - 1/31
Snowing good in Evergreen right now. Snow is accumulating on the already ice covered surface streets.

Be careful driving out there and if you are near CGs, watch out so she doesn't fall on you. Get some ice cleets deary. tongue:

Go Pack!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

31 Jan 2011 15:46 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic 285 Conditions - 1/31
I know this is about 285 but Denver is not doing so hot. Plus we started with a sheet of ice below that.

He PF, I don't usually even go out the front door in anything under 30 degrees I am a wimp. I slipped on ice when I was 18 and was injured bad.
You should see me try to walk on snow.

But seriously guys take care of yourselves on the highway.

31 Jan 2011 16:38 #8 by pinedust
Replied by pinedust on topic 285 Conditions - 1/31
I just made the trip from Lakewood to Bailey, as usual, it was worse down there than up here. 285 wasn't bad, but there weren't many vehicles either.

31 Jan 2011 16:42 #9 by Scooby72
Replied by Scooby72 on topic 285 Conditions - 1/31
I left the VA at 2, snow was really picking up - I take 6th to 70, to 470, then 285. By the time I got close to Golden on 6th visibilty was rapidly decreasing, 470 was the same. Coming up the canyon it was slushy, icy, snowy. I stopped at Safeway and snow is picking up, it's sticking here just past Pine Junction - I'm hoping for more!

Be safe everyone!!

31 Jan 2011 16:53 #10 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic 285 Conditions - 1/31
Snow is coming down harder in Bailey,roads are getting icy.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds