February Sock Contest! PICTURES POSTED

31 Jan 2011 11:50 - 25 Mar 2011 13:58 #1 by KnitKnook
Get out those sock needles and join The Knit Knook's February sock contest! Winner will receive the new book Eat.Sock.Love. by Cookie A. (If the winner already has this book, he/she can choose from other sock books in stock at the shop.)

The rules:
1. Purchase your sock yarn at The Knit Knook in February 2011 and sign up for the contest.
2. Knit or crochet your socks! (or at least one)
3. Turn your socks into The Knit Knook by March 18th, 2011.
4. All entries will be on display at the shop for voting through March 27, 2011 (tell your friends to get in there and vote early, vote often!).
5. Winner to be announced March 31, 2011.

Have fun with this and let your creativity run rampant!

Knit Knook LLC, 10903 US Hwy 285, Suite E202, Conifer, CO 80433
303-838-2118
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.knitknook.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2011 15:06 #2 by RivendaleFarms
I've got my yarn and pattern picked out! Casting on this weekend. I really, really want to win that book so will campaign for votes and offer bribes as soon as the voting starts!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

01 Feb 2011 18:00 #3 by dede1
I would love to learn how to knit - maybe a scarf or hat, somethign simple - do you have classes and if so what time & when?

02 Feb 2011 06:25 #4 by KnitKnook
Here's the link for the February classes - hope to see you!
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=7699 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=72&t=7699<!-- l -->

Knit Knook LLC, 10903 US Hwy 285, Suite E202, Conifer, CO 80433
303-838-2118

www.knitknook.com/

02 Feb 2011 13:04 #5 by Cat Crap Hill
dede1, BEWARE! Once you learn how to knit, you won't be able to stop! Diane Edwards, Knit Knook owner, taught me how to knit a year and half ago. She's fanTAStic!

08 Feb 2011 05:54 #6 by RivendaleFarms
I spent the weekend mediating the disagreements between my choice of needles, pattern and yarn. After much name calling on all sides and multiple frogging incidents, I stayed with the yarn and changed needle sizes and went with a whole different pattern and finally got started again last night. So, 4 days later I have a whopping 3/4 of an inch to show for progress. I'm back in love with the yarn and all is right in my world. It reminded me of how I play golf: I hate this game, I hate this game, I hate this game, one-awesome-drive, I love this game, I love this game, I love this game. The weekend was I hate this yarn, I hate this yarn, I hate this yarn, change-needles-from-size 0-to-size 3, I love this yarn, I love this yarn, I love this yarn. For knitters, this will make complete and total sense, they'll nod their heads in agreement. For non-knitters, this will further support their theory that I should be in therapy.

Woohoo! Sock contest is ON!!

P.S., for any of you wanting to try out the Frog Tree Pediboo sock yarn, it really is yummy and the Knook has some great colors - but just commit to the size 3's from the get-go. You'll be happier.

08 Feb 2011 08:21 #7 by Kas
"For knitters, this will make complete and total sense, they'll nod their heads in agreement. For non-knitters, this will further support their theory that I should be in therapy."

Even those of us that do knit a little will support your "non knitter" theory! Socks??? No way. I'll make fudge. :lol:

08 Feb 2011 10:48 #8 by RivendaleFarms
If you'll make me fudge I can definitely see socks in your future.

11 Feb 2011 17:14 #9 by RivendaleFarms
Ok, I still love the yarn but now the pattern's gone from "cool" to "weird." Wildiris, you out there? How's your pediboo project coming along? I'm almost ready to frog again. Crap. I'll bring it to the Knook tomorrow for a consult.

11 Feb 2011 20:51 #10 by PondLady

Kas wrote: "For knitters, this will make complete and total sense, they'll nod their heads in agreement. For non-knitters, this will further support their theory that I should be in therapy."

Even those of us that do knit a little will support your "non knitter" theory! Socks??? No way. I'll make fudge. :lol:

I agree Kas - I'd rather be making banana chocolate chip cookies. I'll stick around though to read RFs posts...they make me smile.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds