Your coldest day?

01 Feb 2011 18:38 #11 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Your coldest day?
I used to live in Gunnison and Iowa - need I say more?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2011 18:48 #12 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Your coldest day?
LOL, I remember when I was in ND, when it warmed up to -10 it was time to change the oil in the vehicles.

'Course I was a bit younger then :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

01 Feb 2011 19:47 #13 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Your coldest day?
In '89 a friend of mine froze to death here at Bailey. That winter is was -20 F and he had no heat in the house. He was drunk, fell asleep and never awoke.

Regards,
Major Bean

01 Feb 2011 21:03 #14 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Your coldest day?
Sorry to hear that major. My wife and I honeymooned in the Grand Lake area after our January 9th wedding. High temp for the entire time we were there was -30. This was years ago and we snowshoed and cross country skied among other things involving a claw foot tub etc.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

02 Feb 2011 06:28 #15 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Your coldest day?
CG, did you make it through the night?

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

02 Feb 2011 08:58 #16 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Your coldest day?
About -20F. I was talking with some Alaskan people who say you have to go out in those bad conditions otherwise you will go crazy. She showed pictures of her family snowmobiling/picnicing in -20 below temps.

One funny story I heard on Peter Boyle's, a woman called in from Chicago, and she had gone out with wet long hair on a super cold day. Her locks were snapping off in the cold.

Subzero haircut anyone?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Feb 2011 09:05 #17 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Your coldest day?
Winter 1985 in N. Wisconsin. Cross Country skiing I fell through the ice over a shallow creek. Soaked from the hips down had to trek back home. I could almost not move my legs from my cloths freezing. Frost bite on my feet by the time I got back. To this day my feet ache when they get too cold. Always have a double pair of sock on when temps get low and keep a dry pair in my vehicle.

I remember we needed to keep our cars plugged in for weeks at a time when I lived up there. Now they still get the cold just not as bad and much less snow too.

I have been out on a few water main breaks up here in the past few years when I though somebody was gonna get hurt from the cold.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

02 Feb 2011 09:07 #18 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Your coldest day?
Anyone tried throwing a boiling hot cup of water up in the air outside today? It is pretty cool.

Pinedust: I really like that picture.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds