Sanitation workers find small boy nearly naked in snow

02 Feb 2011 07:50 #1 by outdoor338
CONIFER -They've seen a lot, but this was definitely out of the ordinary. Two sanitation workers found a naked toddler on the side of the road last week while they were on their route. Ron Losh and Scott Kessler have been working for EDS Waste Solution for years. "You'd be surprised what you find. Name it, you find it on the side of the road," Kessler said.

"We were coming back down a road we had already gone up. There was a diaper in the middle of the road. I thought it was kind of curious because items don't usually fall out of the truck like that. So as we were driving to pick it up and we looked to our right there was a black dog in the snow, next to it there was a baby boy naked in the snow. He had just his shoes on, which were soaked," Kessler said. "My heart rate went up quite a bit. I set the brake, hit the hazards and was out of the truck in no time."

"Ron grabbed a blanket out of his seat and wrapped him up because he was crying and cold and snowy," Kessler said. Losh called police, but while they waited, he noticed the dog that was following the boy was wearing dog tags.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx? ... ovider=top

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2011 07:59 #2 by jf1acai
Thanks to those alert EDS Waste employees!! :thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

02 Feb 2011 09:36 #3 by Local_Historian
There's a good dog, as well.

Door locks, folks - have em, use em.

03 Feb 2011 05:54 #4 by lionshead2010
My hat is off to these guys. This could have had a really bad ending with the current extreme cold temperatures.

Several years ago two of my co-workers were driving on the section of I-25 near the Air Force Academy. All of a sudden they saw a small boy, maybe 2-3 years old, walking around in the median of the highway. Of course they stop immediately and grab the child before he walks out into traffic moving at roughly 75 MPH. They contacted the police and the police figure out that the child wandered off from a nearby laundromat while his mom was washing. He had to have crossed at least one side of the traffic on I-25. The Lord was watching over both these young children.

HOLY CRAP!

03 Feb 2011 12:43 #5 by Wily Fox aka Angela

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds