Technology is Expensive

08 Jun 2010 15:48 #1 by Silent Lucidity
Think of all the additional bills that we now have that didn't use to be, cell phone bill, cable/dish, high speed internet, what else? All of this easily adds $200 to $300 or more per month. But, once you have them, it is very difficult to do without them. I don't think I could never go back to reading maps. Too spoiled. Just love my GPS and I am due for an update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2010 15:57 #2 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Technology is Expensive
I don't have a cell phone, hate em. No HDTV yet. A GPS maybe someday. Yes it adds up, especially if you go for the best and fastest. Everytime the power goes out it is a reminder how addictive it all is.

You forgot Onstar, Sirrius XM radio for the car,........ what else?

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Jun 2010 05:43 #3 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Technology is Expensive
I have a cell phone, but don't turn it on, Why? Everybody ya call ya get a message, If I wanted to leave a message I'd write ya a letter. Do Love my split screen HD. GPS NEVER (Everybody should now know about me & GPS/On-Star, so when folks start getting taxed on the miles they drive, don't b*tch about it) Don't care about sirius XM? I drive 100miles a day, there's plenty to listen to, besides to busy watching for the a-holes, that are on they're cell phones calling somebody to leave a message. Hell, at home I don't even answer the phone unless I know the name, O BTW Out of Area will you please STOP calling me, or at least leave a message. :Whistle I love it when the power goes off, reading by candle or flashlite, using the camp stove, or woodstove to cook on, actually finding out that we can all talk together face to face (or darkness to darkness), and have a GOOD TIME, and not caring that ya just missed your TV show...

WE do have DVR, so can catch the show later.

09 Jun 2010 21:58 #4 by Sunshine Girl

Silent Lucidity wrote: Think of all the additional bills that we now have that didn't use to be, cell phone bill, cable/dish, high speed internet, what else? All of this easily adds $200 to $300 or more per month. But, once you have them, it is very difficult to do without them. I don't think I could never go back to reading maps. Too spoiled. Just love my GPS and I am due for an update.

We have all of those - and the bills to go with them :biggrin: (5 cell phones too!).

My sweetie got me a GPS and I couldn't live without it.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds