Burland Ball Fields?

16 Feb 2011 13:41 #11 by Ronbo
Replied by Ronbo on topic Burland Ball Fields?

Xmas P_ rn wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: They have Grass on those fields?

Not right now, but PCLL wants to put in a well so they can water grass and convert them from dirt to grass fields.

Not true. They would like to put in synthetic turf. The growing season is much too short and water requirments too great for natural grass.

In regards to comments about noise and traffic concerns, the amount of use would not change from what it is today so there would not be and difference in the amount of traffic or noise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2011 16:13 #12 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Burland Ball Fields?
The ORIGINAL proposal was turf fields with irrigation - 6 fields. They backed off to artificial turf.

They still want the well to water the dirt on the fields, flush toilets, concession stand - no environtal impact study, no maintenance plan on how they will prevent vandalism to same, or monitor for leaks.

Traffic and noise - they want an indoor "batting cage." That was initially how it was presented to the BOCC. I had no problem with that.

However, that morphed into a "community center" so they can "share" with the community, by renting it out, of course, in which case they need flush toilets and water.

PCLL is coming at this every which way they can, working with Dave Wissell to get the well and funds from the Land & Water Conservation Fund, a misnomer if there ever was one if they are paying for water for dirt.

Edited to add: Bring on those vicious comments! :Slpfigh:

16 Feb 2011 17:56 #13 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Burland Ball Fields?
Ronbo, I stand correct.

I'm sure the PCLL is a group of decent people trying to do the right thing. However they live in our community and at least a few people on the PCLL board must know that we have water issues. Thus to previously propose planting grass on the fields is just crazy.

Unless there is a legal stipulation that the well water can't be used to water the dirt or grass, the public will continue to fight PCLL over their proposed well.

They used public tax $ intend to preserve water rights to fix up their ball fields. I believe they received $40K. This is not the way the tax $'s are intended to be used.

What does water cost at the Bailey pump? .01 a gallon plus trucking? Find a way to fund the river water and trucking and this issue will go away.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds