Insurance making us pay for new tires.

23 Feb 2011 13:49 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Insurance making us pay for new tires. was created by CinnamonGirl
Okay, my daughter gets in an accident. One tire needs to be replaced but they cannot find the same tire so two will have to be replaced on the front. The insurance won't replace them and says she has to pay for them? Because they can't replace just one. Anyone know anything about this?

It seems to me they should have to pay for the new tires.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2011 13:50 #2 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: Okay, my daughter gets in an accident. One tire needs to be replaced but they cannot find the same tire so two will have to be replaced on the front. The insurance won't replace them and says she has to pay for them? Because they can't replace just one. Anyone know anything about this?

It seems to me they should have to pay for the new tires.

It's on page 1963 of the Obamacare bill.........

23 Feb 2011 14:07 #3 by pacamom
If only one tire was damaged in the accident, the insurance would only cover that one. They aren't responsible for paying for a second tire that wasn't damaged in the accident. I don't know why they wont pay for the damaged one.

We had a vehicle in a head on collision. The right front headlight wasn't damaged at all. Even tho after replacing the left one the headlights no longer matched (yellowed plastic vs new plastic), the insurance company would not replace the right one.

23 Feb 2011 14:09 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Insurance making us pay for new tires.
They don't want to pay for either. Like now all bets are off or something.

Edited to add- plus they won't let her drive off without both being paid for by her.

23 Feb 2011 18:17 #5 by HEARTLESS
CG, is the car front, rear, all or 4 wheel drive? How much tread is left on the non-damaged tire? When you say "they" won't let her drive off, who is they? Is the car at an adjuster or mechanic? The answers to those questions will help to guide the next steps.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

23 Feb 2011 20:09 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I refuse to believe the same tire cannot be found. I would follow that first and insurance would pay for it. I mean, HOW did the original tire get there? It must be somewhere

23 Feb 2011 20:29 #7 by major bean
Sounds as if the repair shop replaced both tires with new ones instead of replacing the damaged tire with a used one with the same amount of tread as the undamaged tire. This is the problem. The insurance co. would probably pay for a used tire to replace the damaged one but no way will they pay for even one new tire. It is only common sense.

Since the repair shop replaced both tires with new ones, you will have to pay.

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Feb 2011 21:11 #8 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Insurance making us pay for new tires.
I will get the answers and post back. Thanks for the help.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds