A big shout out to Malwarebytes ++++++

04 Mar 2011 12:34 #1 by Grady
Bang, this morning I got that dreaded "Security Alert" popup. You know the one it disables your anti virus and just about everything else. This one actually played a voice that said something about security alert. I don't think I was on any websites that you would think might pose a risk, but apparently I was??????

I immediately hard powered off the laptop. I had reimaged it a while back and hadn’t replaced Malwarebytes.
I downloaded the latest Malwarebytes setup and burnt it to a CD on one of the other systems around here.
Powered off my router.
Powered back up the infected laptop, with no network connectivity. Of course all the fake security alerts started popping up, and the damn voice, windows kept trying to open websites but was unable to with out connectivity. As soon as possible I ran the Malware setup, got Malwarebytes installed and ran the quick scan. Malwarebytes did it’s job and found and killed something like 11 bad objects. After a reboot the laptop came up clean. I then reconnected the network ran Malwarebytes and let it update to it’s latest version. Then I ran the full scan. Malwarebytes found and killed 6 more bad objects.

[url=http://www.malwarebytes.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.malwarebytes.org[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2011 16:06 #2 by Opus007
Grady, It would be a good idea to run Malwarebytes in Safe Mode also. And run the full scan. I would also recommend SpyBot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds