B&B court tussle goes on...Arrowhead Manor Inn in Conifer

06 Mar 2011 11:44 #1 by CinnamonGirl
http://denver.yourhub.com/Conifer/Stori ... 49937.aspx

Resident Theresa Daus-Weber points out an area last week where trees have been removed on the Arrowhead Manor Inn and Special Event Center property near Conifer and Aspen Park. Jefferson County has brought a lawsuit against the owners of Arrowhead on an alleged zoning violation, including not having a grading permitthe proper permits for the tree removal equipment. Daus-Weber, whose yard faces the bed and breakfast, called the area “the bowling alley” and voiced concern about erosion and drainage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2011 11:58 #2 by daisypusher
It seems they learned how to develop a property from the people who did Safeway. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

06 Mar 2011 12:30 #3 by kresspin
I've always thought there's something weird about that place. A B&B 20 feet from a busy highway? It makes no sense.

06 Mar 2011 19:08 #4 by Local_Historian
Hell, I didn't even know it was a B&B for several years. I thought it was an apartment building of a sort.

06 Mar 2011 19:39 #5 by MoCat
It's always something. I am a sub-contractor for housekeeping at Arrowhead Manor. It is a nice place to work and James and Marguerite are very nice people that try to help others and run a respectable business.

06 Mar 2011 19:42 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela

kresspin wrote: I've always thought there's something weird about that place. A B&B 20 feet from a busy highway? It makes no sense.

I believe the original builders took all that into consideration and there is lots of sound proofing in the walls.

06 Mar 2011 19:45 #7 by Wily Fox aka Angela
having read the news story, all I can say is, bureaucracy at it's worst.

06 Mar 2011 20:24 #8 by deltamrey
Far too many "natives - whatever" here are slowly destroying our economy. Get over it - growth, improvement and freedom are the engines of our real society. The clerks are tipped off if a leaf falls on the wrong side of the road.........Marx is smiling.

07 Mar 2011 00:51 #9 by Local_Historian
Del - I bet you;re in favor of strip mining too?

07 Mar 2011 08:30 #10 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Hey, if you believe that, Del, then I got about 3 strip malls that are mostly empty up here, I'd like to see you :-)

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds