SNOW SNOW SNOW - Let it SNOW! :)

06 Mar 2011 16:19 #1 by Marine
FINALLY - it is Snowing...... We hope we get lots of Snow as the forests need it, the ground needs it and all of our wells need the water......

How much will this 2 day storm bring ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2011 05:46 #2 by TPP
Agreed, the forest needs it, well is fine.
Less than 4" I've heard, and that is just a pain in the a$$, go for 1' or more, tan I don't drive down the mountain.

07 Mar 2011 06:14 #3 by Rockdoc
Still waiting for a big snow fall. Two inches here in Conifer this morning is hardly enough.

07 Mar 2011 09:35 #4 by Rockdoc
Wet snow making for slick snowpack and ice. Be careful out there on those back roads too.

07 Mar 2011 11:21 #5 by TPP
Agreed, Doc.

07 Mar 2011 11:36 #6 by pound dog mom
:faint: not enough, barely any... is there more to come?

I am doing my snow dance... snowman:: Snowman2:: :snowsmile: :rundog: :sun: :umbrella: :snow: :banana: :cool0012:

07 Mar 2011 15:11 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
we are above the snowpack norm even if it doesn't seem like it. Prolly have a rainy spring/summer.

07 Mar 2011 16:30 #8 by Photo-fish

Martin Ent Inc wrote: we are above the snowpack norm even if it doesn't seem like it. Prolly have a rainy spring/summer.

Yes & NO. Although statewide we are above normal, some 'local' sub-basins like Bear Creek (50% of average) and the North Fork of S. Platte are not even close to "normal". I would not rely on a wet summer. I'd prefer to have more of it on top right now.

Here is the snowpack information for the Echo Lake Snotel site.
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/site?sitenum=936&state=co

Historically, snowpack in this 'local' area has been decreasing over the past few decades. Peak runoff has occured earlier over this time as well.

Here is the Colorado Division of Water Resourses website. Don't look at streams that have water augmentation (like N. Fork of S. Platte via Roberts Tunnels) or controlled dam releases for historical flow data as this is misleading.
http://www.dwr.state.co.us/SurfaceWater/default.aspx

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

07 Mar 2011 16:43 #9 by Martin Ent Inc
Yeah just saw the confusing stats on the news. Guess it depends who needs the ratings.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds