Rhubarb Festival - Who's going?

10 Jun 2010 15:36 #11 by freebird
Not those ropes...the ropes around the ring. I even have boxing gloves. I figure we can raise some contributions for postage (sending the community care packages to the troops overseas) by selling tickets to the onlookers. :thumbsup:

j/k viking. Stop by and say hello if you make it to the festival.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 15:50 #12 by RivendaleFarms
Llama shearing with pals Saturday and Estes Park Sunday, so we won't be there. I'd better go raid some rhubarb from my mom's garden.

Paca, when do you get to ditch the boot?
(pssssst, Viking, it's her ankle not her foot, hence the smart-ass whistler.....)

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

10 Jun 2010 15:53 #13 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Rhubarb Festival - Who's going?
I hate to tell you this but when I grew up in craig we considered Rhubarb a weed.

10 Jun 2010 15:57 #14 by pacamom
Grew up in Craig - well that explains a few things. :wink:

Rivendale - actually it's neither my foot nor my ankle. :wink: :wink:

11 Jun 2010 08:46 #15 by CinnamonGirl
Hey,

You have a problem with Craigites? Is that we we call ourselves? Hey in Craig we were different. There were like 5000 residents when I lived there and we didn't have Denver so close or internet to buy stuff. Very much different then mountain living there. LOL.

I am sorry I called the festival a 'weed festival'. :jk: I just never liked Rhubarb. And it used to take over our garden. rofllol

11 Jun 2010 08:55 #16 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Rhubarb Festival - Who's going?
I'm not going to talk about TSAC here, but I will comment that a hero that has come back from theater was not impressed, and felt foolish bragging to his mates on TSAC, then seeing what was recieved.

11 Jun 2010 08:58 #17 by Sunshine Girl
We might be there. We'll have to see if it works into our day or not. Hope everyone has a great time!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

11 Jun 2010 08:59 #18 by AspenValley
I never used to like Rhubarb and I had this huge patch of it that I always felt guilty about letting it go to waste. Then someone gave me the most amazing homemade jar of and recipe for a spicy Indian-style chutney with rhubarb and I couldn't wait till the next year to try some. Voles ate the whole patch.

11 Jun 2010 09:05 #19 by Wayne Harrison

TPP wrote: I'm not going to talk about TSAC here, but I will comment that a hero that has come back from theater was not impressed, and felt foolish bragging to his mates on TSAC, then seeing what was recieved.

Actually, you just did talk about them here.

Personally, I wouldn't badmouth any group that tries to help veterans. I know a bunch of the people involved in TSAC (it started under my watch) and they really put their hearts into it. You should take your suggestions to TSAC, if you really want to help.

I got some rhubarb from a friend and made the most amazing pie with it. Simple recipe, too.

11 Jun 2010 09:07 #20 by CinnamonGirl
Hey, any group that uses Rhubarb to get together for a great cause and get together to see each other has my total admiration. It shows you love each other.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds