I Need Help - The Sequel

10 Jun 2010 08:32 #1 by serenity
A few garage sale seasons ago, I picked up a Technics SL-230 Turntable at a very reasonable price. This week I hooked it up to my receiver and for days I've been trying to get it to work. This morning I realized it did not have a belt. It's a lovely turntable, but I would never had sold it to someone without telling her that it needs a belt. Well, I'm over that now. I went online and ordered 2. I'm just wondering. Since I am a proponent of immediate gratification, does anyone in 285Boundland happen to have one of these belts??? I've carted around my records for a few decades and would love to hear one. I put on Loggins & Messina's MOTHER LODE and used my hand to rotate the turntable so I know the needle is okay. I just want to hear it and I don't want to have to WAIT! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :sadKeenex: :sadKeenex: :sadKeenex: :sadKeenex: :sadKeenex:

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 08:36 #2 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic I Need Help - The Sequel
Dear desperate,
No, I do not have a belt, but when desperate you ought to consider desperate measures. Get yourself a rubber band about the width of the belt and strap it on there to see if you can get some instant gratification.

10 Jun 2010 08:39 #3 by serenity
Replied by serenity on topic I Need Help - The Sequel
Great idea Rockdoc Landers! I shall go on the hunt for a perfect rubber band!!! :woo hoo:

10 Jun 2010 08:41 #4 by The Viking

10 Jun 2010 08:47 #5 by serenity
You are both incredible! Thanks. I forgot about Ebay...shame on me, but I did get a great price from Vintage Electronics in KY. $13.00 for 2, $5.25 in shipping and he emailed me the installation instructions!

Gotta go - haven't found the perfect rubber band yet. Ta Ta

10 Jun 2010 08:51 #6 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic I Need Help - The Sequel
I have a turntable and it works - (I listen to my old vinyl all the time), and you could borrow it, but I am at work without transportation until this evening. Can you wait until tomorrow?

10 Jun 2010 09:00 #7 by serenity
Hey Pacamom - that's very sweet of you! I'm in the process of ordering a motor, too. No wonder the price was so reasonable. I guess I'm being taught patience. Gee, I can't wait!

10 Jun 2010 09:03 #8 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic I Need Help - The Sequel
can't remember the name, but there is a store in Denver that can fix ya up, I need a drive belt too...

And us old folks will be happy to find out that LP are on a come back, started with Jazz players, because CD's cut the HIGH HIGHS, & the LOW LOWS, and that's not what they wanted to hear... HAVE seen NEW RELEASE LPs at some store on Wadsworth... sorry. Also saw a turntable at BEST BUY on Wadsworth, not sure if that's where I saw the lps or not.

10 Jun 2010 09:06 #9 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic I Need Help - The Sequel
Interesting information TPP. I too need to pick up a turntable.

10 Jun 2010 09:09 #10 by serenity
Thanks TPP!!!!  :Thanks:

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds