Thank you for email alerts!

21 Mar 2011 15:37 #1 by RivendaleFarms
Thank you 285Bound! I received email alerts on both fires going on (Evergreen and Pine Jct) and can't tell you how much I appreciate since I work down in Golden. The email alert program you have is AWESOME! :thumbsup:

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2011 20:22 #2 by RCCL
Replied by RCCL on topic Thank you for email alerts!
I have to agree entirely with the post above... I have been following the Evergreen fire since the moment I got the alert, and I have to admit... my heart dropped when I read the location. Some of my family lives along highway 65 in Soda Creek. There are three of them, and only one car.

I knew ahead of time that my brother was working all day today, and there was no car at home. I also knew they don't have a land-line that would be registered with the fire department for evacuations.

I called them immediately and asked if they had heard, and neither of my parents had. They were not inside the evacuation zone, but just outside of it. I told them that they needed to start packing, and planning, and that I was ready whenever they needed to drive up there in the event that I heard they were extending evacuations.

I've been sick for about a week and a half... and just happened to be home on the couch today trying to finally get over my cold. I don't have TV/cable and was watching a TV-series that I have on DVD... I would never have known unless a firefighter had shown up at their door to tell them it was time to leave, and they'd called me to come pick them up.

I can't even tell you how invaluable this information was for me today when it came in an e-mail to my phone!

Thank you 285Bound, EvergreenBound, the scanners, and everyone who updated the information! They never did end up having to evacuate, but they at least would have had some lead-time!

21 Mar 2011 20:43 #3 by MyMountainTown
We are thankful that everyone is fine.

Scanners do great work! It is a wonderful public service to the community.

To sign up go here

Evergreen http://evergreenbound.com/forums/email_sub.php
285Bound http://www.285bound.com/Forums/email_sub.php

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds