Buckhorn Exchange

26 Mar 2011 04:23 #1 by MPaul92901
Buckhorn Exchange was created by MPaul92901
Hey to all!
Here in Germany I saw a TV Programm about the "Buckhorn Exchange" in Denver. http://buckhornexchange.com/
Was there anyone of you?
In summer I will test the Restaurant and I like to eat BUFFALO Steak and Burgers. :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2011 09:30 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Buckhorn Exchange
I have heard of this place but never actually been there. I don't think I can eat buffalo for some reason. But never been a big meat eater.

Let us know what you think of the restaurant! I think you will like it here. I would love to hear all about Germany. My brother was stationed in Hamburg, I believe, in the 90's.

What are some of your other plans while you are here?

26 Mar 2011 10:00 #3 by MPaul92901
Replied by MPaul92901 on topic Buckhorn Exchange
we have not so many plans. Just enjoy our vacation in the US. And have alot of fun with my familie. And shopping. Jeans. In germany are Levis 501 so expensive.

26 Mar 2011 10:04 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Buckhorn Exchange
Jeans. That is funny what you think of when in another country. Have a great time.

26 Mar 2011 10:22 #5 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic Buckhorn Exchange
I was told by people who were taking the train home after eating there that the food is like "The Fort's".

http://www.thefort.com/

26 Mar 2011 10:31 #6 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Buckhorn Exchange
You just have to be comfortable with the fact that there will be a lot of eyes watching you eat.

The train stops right in front of the building, so if you plan to just go there and back. Take the train because they don't have a lot of parking available.

26 Mar 2011 13:39 #7 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Buckhorn Exchange

MPaul92901 wrote: we have not so many plans. Just enjoy our vacation in the US. And have alot of fun with my familie. And shopping. Jeans. In germany are Levis 501 so expensive.

can't wait to have you here :) only 11 more weeks :heart:

26 Mar 2011 16:44 #8 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Buckhorn Exchange
Buffalo is good for the heart and spirit, if eaten well. You must be full of happiness whenever you sit to consume the buffalo. Friends must attend the meal with smiles of contentment. Talk to the buffalo. Thank it as if it were alive and could understand you. A simple acknowledgment that you are aware of being in the presence of a sentient being who is worthy of your respect, who died for you, and from whom you wish a favor. Take small bites, chew it slowly and mindfully, eat in silence. Eating your first buffalo is a spiritual experience in which you commune with the earth, the sky, and the eagle.

Regards,
Major Bean

26 Mar 2011 16:55 #9 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Buckhorn Exchange

major bean wrote: Buffalo is good for the heart and spirit, if eaten well. You must be full of happiness whenever you sit to consume the buffalo. Friends must attend the meal with smiles of contentment. Talk to the buffalo. Thank it as if it were alive and could understand you. A simple acknowledgment that you are aware of being in the presence of a sentient being who is worthy of your respect, who died for you, and from whom you wish a favor. Take small bites, chew it slowly and mindfully, eat in silence. Eating your first buffalo is a spiritual experience in which you commune with the earth, the sky, and the eagle.

I don't eat red meat MB, but I like what you wrote. We need to translate that into German for the original poster :thumbsup:

26 Mar 2011 17:03 #10 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Buckhorn Exchange
Jeans are the clothing of the West. You cannot fully enjoy our vast expanses of mountains and plains unless you are clad in a pair of jeans. You have your soul well on the path of our Western country.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds