[youtube:171bfnp9]
[/youtube:171bfnp9]
WWF official version
Official TVC version
Dash Berlin version - better music and intro!

www.earthhour.org/Homepage.aspx

http://tcktcktck.org/2011/03/wwf-extend ... yond-hour/

For 2011 WWF is taking Earth Hour into a new phase with their bold new campaign Beyond the Hour, asking people to commit to an action, big or small, that they will sustain for the future of our planet.

“Everyone has the power to make change: a CEO can change an organisation, a 7-year-old can change a classroom, and a president can change a country. What we are announcing today is just the beginning. It is through the collective action of individuals and organisations that we will be able to truly make a difference, which is why we are urging people across the planet to share how they will go beyond the hour this Earth Hour.” - Andy Ridley, the Director of the Earth Hour initiative at WWF in Australia.

Beyond the Hour is already off to an impressive start with the following businesses, governments and individuals pledging to act: (see article)

How will you go Beyond the Hour?

http://beyondthehour.org/

We have nowhere else to go... this is all we have.
Margaret Mead

I conceive that the land belongs to a vast family of which many are dead, few are living, and countless numbers are still unborn. ~Author Unknown

We could have saved the Earth but we were too damned cheap. ~Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him? ~Pierre Troubetzkoy

The control man has secured over nature has far outrun his control over himself. ~Ernest Jones, The Life and Work of Sigmund Freud, 1953

Human consciousness arose but a minute before midnight on the geological clock. Yet we mayflies try to bend an ancient world to our purposes, ignorant perhaps of the messages buried in its long history. Let us hope that we are still in the early morning of our April day. ~Stephen Jay Gould, "Our Allotted Lifetimes," The Panda's Thumb, 1980

Oh Beautiful for smoggy skies, insecticided grain,
For strip-mined mountain's majesty above the asphalt plain.
America, America, man sheds his waste on thee,
And hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea.

~George Carlin

“I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty”
George F. Burns quotes

A human being is part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole [of] nature in its beauty. ~Albert Einstein, 1950

It is not man the ecological crisis threatens to destroy but the quality of human life. ~René Dubos, quoted in Life, 28 July 1970

The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river. ~Ross Perot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2011 14:32 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Earth Hour March 26th, 8:30-9:30pm
40 Cities Before & During Earth Hour 2011

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/40-citie ... -during-ea

28 Mar 2011 09:09 #3 by FredHayek
I had my lights out, because I was in town watching a movie. Sucker Punch, awesome visuals.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds