When is 'Enough'?

11 Jun 2010 11:07 #11 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic When is 'Enough'?
I doubt it buddy. But at least they are happier now. I can't afford 3 more--I already have 5. But I have plenty of hay for them for awile. We'll take some over and put it under the tarp and let the neighbors feed it until it's gone. Then we just get more. It's all good I guess and hey, I won't be in jail alone, right?

I'm able to sleep at night and happy knowing they aren't famished. We just can't dump feed to them, they can't take it and we don't want sick horses. Next thing is hoof care. Those feet are appalling. And the place is a sty. Filthy doesn't actually cover it. They've eaten their barn and their fencing in search of feed. How far do we push it?

Thank you to all the neighbors who care enough to help these 3! Especially, D, J and the other D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2010 11:54 #12 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic When is 'Enough'?
Vote for Mike? :wink:

Seriously, maybe talk with Mike Graves to see what ideas he has about how to handle the situation.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Jun 2010 11:56 #13 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic When is 'Enough'?
From what I learned in the 80's the answer is Eight.

11 Jun 2010 12:00 #14 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic When is 'Enough'?
Sorry it was just too wide open! :biggrin:

Back to you're regular topic.

11 Jun 2010 12:10 #15 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic When is 'Enough'?
I think writing this "gentleman" a letter pointing out what he owes each of you for the care and feeding of his horses - especially if you can get a lawyer to write it for you - may bring the point home.

11 Jun 2010 12:14 #16 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic When is 'Enough'?
Please put us down to help if you need hay. You can send us a pm. This is disgusting and unacceptable!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

14 Jun 2010 17:13 #17 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic When is 'Enough'?
So I got a call today from a Park County official regarding this. I had sent an email over the week end.
Finally, I feel like someone in a position of authority is listening and is willing to delve into the situation a bit deeper. She was very nice, very helpful and very understanding. I let her know of all the support you all have offered and in turn, I offered that help to the owners if they need it. We may need to put our money wher our mouths are and if so, I'll put a plea out for help with fixing their fences, providing vet and hoof care and some hay until the owners can reassume responsibility. If indeed the situation is due to hardship and is temporary.

The downside of the neighborhood taking such great care of these horses is that in doing so, we've alleviated the owner's responsibility. And, the horses are all much happier, brighter and yes, even a little fatter.

Just wanted to let you all know and I'll keep you posted. Thank you for caring and being here for them!

14 Jun 2010 21:13 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic When is 'Enough'?
Thanks Loping. This is upsetting to me and hope something gets done.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds