No fire restrictions yet?

10 Jun 2010 15:32 #1 by AspenValley
I was just walking around outside my house and in spite of the little rain we had the other day it is dry, dry, dry!

I'm amazed there aren't fire restrictions already in place, or have I missed something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 15:54 #2 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic No fire restrictions yet?
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=...art=0&hilit=fire+ban " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=674&start=0&hilit=fire+ban<!-- l -->

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Jun 2010 09:29 #3 by CC
Replied by CC on topic No fire restrictions yet?
Not sure about Jeffco...but Platte Canyon has kicked their ban in place as JF posted above.
Other fire signs in the area just say fire danger is moderate. Seems pretty dry to me.
Just a reminder....as your grasses on your property grow...they become a huge fire danger as we dry out. If you get a chance....get them whacked down.

11 Jun 2010 10:26 #4 by AspenValley

Becky wrote: Just a reminder....as your grasses on your property grow...they become a huge fire danger as we dry out. If you get a chance....get them whacked down.

I'm always torn about this. If I whack down the grass I lose all the wildflowers with it....:(

11 Jun 2010 16:05 #5 by CC
Replied by CC on topic No fire restrictions yet?
I try to let it stay as long as I can to let the wildflowers have a chance to grow and seed. I guess for me....It is a "How dry is it" call.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds