Vacation Destination

31 Mar 2011 00:26 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Vacation Destination
I hate the time it takes to travel but I really would like to see NYCity, go to spring training, I love the beach but going for hours in a plane is not something I would be wild about although blue water somewhere would be wonderful. When I traveled I used to like making it part of the vacation. So going on a train is the way I would like to go. I hate being stuck in a car.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Mar 2011 09:04 #12 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Vacation Destination
a) New Zealand ---- the only place in the world that has more geologic strata than Durango.
(Rock Doc - correct me if I'm wrong)

b) Oman --- I spent 4 years in a neighboring country - but I absolutely cherished my time in Oman. I'd really like to go back to Nizwa to see the trees bloom, and to Salalah to enjoy the cool gulf breeze - in July!

c) Coastal highway - from San Francisco to Oregon. I really want to visit that Inn that was featured on Alan Alda's movie, Same Time Next Year

d) St. Lucia Marigot Bay

31 Mar 2011 12:49 #13 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Vacation Destination

bailey bud wrote: a) New Zealand ---- the only place in the world that has more geologic strata than Durango.
(Rock Doc - correct me if I'm wrong)

b) Oman --- I spent 4 years in a neighboring country - but I absolutely cherished my time in Oman. I'd really like to go back to Nizwa to see the trees bloom, and to Salalah to enjoy the cool gulf breeze - in July!

c) Coastal highway - from San Francisco to Oregon. I really want to visit that Inn that was featured on Alan Alda's movie, Same Time Next Year

d) St. Lucia Marigot Bay

BB, I know nothing about this comparison or what it is supposed to mean. Are we talking about the age range of strata? Thickness of sequences? number of beds?

Oman is neat. I'm still angling to go on a field trip there and am now looking into where I can headquarter my business overseas with an eye on Abu Dhabi or Oman.

31 Mar 2011 13:25 #14 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Vacation Destination
RockDoc: If you get a chance, go visit Turkey. Specifically draw a vertical line from Sinop near the Black Sea down to Adana near the Meditteranean Coast and anyplace west of that line is great. Pamukkale, Ankara, Izmir, Istanbul (but it is a pretty crowded city), Ephesus, Fethiye, Antalya area, Cappodocia...there is a real lot of history and a lot to see...and they drive on the American side of the road!! And the Turks are some of the nicest people I've ever met.

If given a chance, I'd go back to Turkey in a New York minute.

31 Mar 2011 13:33 #15 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Vacation Destination
I second that! Turkey has a lot to see and learn about! We visited Istanbul, Ephesus (really cool Roman remains), Izmir, and Cesme (beach resort town) 2 years ago when a good friend of mine married a woman from Ankara. Looking forward to going back!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

31 Mar 2011 14:55 #16 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Vacation Destination
Tops on my list is Ireland (and might as well pop over to Wales and Scotland as long as we're in the neighborhood).

SC, count me in on the side trip to Nepal and Tibet.

Followed by an eating tour of Italy (which would also include shoe shopping).

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

01 Apr 2011 13:46 #17 by Rockdoc

ComputerBreath wrote: RockDoc: If you get a chance, go visit Turkey. Specifically draw a vertical line from Sinop near the Black Sea down to Adana near the Meditteranean Coast and anyplace west of that line is great. Pamukkale, Ankara, Izmir, Istanbul (but it is a pretty crowded city), Ephesus, Fethiye, Antalya area, Cappodocia...there is a real lot of history and a lot to see...and they drive on the American side of the road!! And the Turks are some of the nicest people I've ever met.

If given a chance, I'd go back to Turkey in a New York minute.

Went to Turkey (Ankera) for work a few years back. Got a grand tour of all the history there. Fantastic museums with lots of Roman artifacts.

01 Apr 2011 13:49 #18 by Moonchild
Replied by Moonchild on topic Vacation Destination
I'm in heaven when in cool, quiet woods, near a bubbling stream, or a warm deserted sandy beach, anywhere on earth!

01 Apr 2011 13:57 #19 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Vacation Destination
Another dream vacation for me would be The Azores. Know several people that were stationed there and they loved it.

02 Apr 2011 00:50 #20 by Rockdoc

Moonchild wrote: I'm in heaven when in cool, quiet woods, near a bubbling stream, or a warm deserted sandy beach, anywhere on earth!

Had one of those today at Waimea Valley. Walked 3/4 mile through the botanical garden to a waterfall where we all went swimming. While the kids ran off going back, we took our time to admire all the fantastic flowers, tress, and vegetation in general. Fantastic.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds