Vacation Destination

02 Apr 2011 08:29 #21 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Vacation Destination
Greece. Specifically, the ruins of ancient Greece.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2011 09:38 #22 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Vacation Destination
I've seen the ruins of ancient Greece - they're ruined........

The ruins of Greece have been exposed to the elements for 2000+ years - and time has taken a toll.

By comparison - travel down to Egypt - where a lot of the ruins were covered up by sand until about 100-200 years ago ---- and they're in considerably better condition.

Give the guard $1 US --- and he'll give you a personal tour.
(in Greece - they'd arrest you for being within 5 feet of something old)

05 Apr 2011 03:09 #23 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Vacation Destination

bailey bud wrote: I've seen the ruins of ancient Greece - they're ruined........

The ruins of Greece have been exposed to the elements for 2000+ years - and time has taken a toll.

By comparison - travel down to Egypt - where a lot of the ruins were covered up by sand until about 100-200 years ago ---- and they're in considerably better condition.

Give the guard $1 US --- and he'll give you a personal tour.
(in Greece - they'd arrest you for being within 5 feet of something old)

Very useful information. Thanks BB

05 Apr 2011 03:11 #24 by Rockdoc
Oahu is an interesting place. I think next time I'm here I'll bring along my road bike. It would be fun to go all around the island on it.

05 Apr 2011 09:09 #25 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Vacation Destination
Kauai is even more fun - bigger hills! Welcome home BTW!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Apr 2011 03:23 #26 by Rockdoc

Science Chic wrote: Kauai is even more fun - bigger hills! Welcome home BTW!

Extended stay until the 12th. be home on 13th. I'm not a huge fan of hills. Have ridden some passes in Colorado. Could do them, don't know how I'd fare right now. Grinding out slopes is boring. I'd rather go fast on the flats. Besides, I've a feeling we are either headed to Belize or Tahiti next year.

09 Apr 2011 11:45 #27 by Rockdoc
The Dolomite region of Northern Italy is a favorite. You can relax about the language since almost everyone speaks Italian, German and English. It’s similar to Colorado in that most everyone is active. The place lends itself to biking, hiking, rock climbing, skiing, shopping and eating. A few scenes.

Major bike stages are held here as part of the Italian Giro. Some heros have met death while crossing passes.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds