Vacation Destination

30 Mar 2011 12:09 #1 by Rockdoc
Vacation Destination was created by Rockdoc
Where would you like to vacation next if money weren't an issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2011 12:32 #2 by ComputerBreath
Replied by ComputerBreath on topic Vacation Destination
Europe or Australia.

Specifically: Poland, Ireland, and Italy...though I'd love to see the in-between countries.

30 Mar 2011 13:47 #3 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Vacation Destination
I've voiced an interest in going to Poland after a colleague told me about the old world forest (untouched for more than 500 years) that served as a king's personal hunting ground. That has got to be fascinating.

We just bought into a fantastic time share with a global reach, so we need to exploit it.

30 Mar 2011 14:33 #4 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Vacation Destination
China, I've to Japan and Hong Kong but I would love to see China.

30 Mar 2011 16:29 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Vacation Destination
Australia and New Zealand - scenery and wineries. Bop over to Nepal and Tibet for some spiritual education. Swing up to France and explore Burgundy and Bordeaux wineries. Finish in the old Mother Land - Germany, more wineries, and stuff ourselves on food! Roll home. :)

Rockdoc - the photos of your recent vacation that SG took are wonderful, makes me wanna go back soon! It looks like you guys had a great time!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Mar 2011 16:59 #6 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Vacation Destination
Australia, New Zealand, Patagonia

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

30 Mar 2011 17:41 #7 by Rockdoc
Any particular places in Australia? The only places I've not visited there are the great barrier reef sites. I loved the outback around the Darwin Canning Basin area and the western side from Perth up to Canarvon. Melbourne was interesting but too much city for me. Driving on the wrong side of the street nearly got me killed while trying to cross them. Amazing how one is conditioned to look one particular way and then after trying to get yourself to look opposite to what your accustomed to looking, getting onself totally confused.

30 Mar 2011 17:56 #8 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Vacation Destination
Germany, always full of history and then then Iceland and Norway.

30 Mar 2011 18:13 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Vacation Destination
For me, wine country in Australia - start in Adelaide/Barossa Valley and head along the coast east up to Sydney and Brisbane. There was an incredible all-inclusive island resort off the coast north of there, you had to be helicoptered out, could go snorkeling or scuba diving every day, a bottle of wine with every dinner, could watch the wildlife from your open room, and the food looked heavenly. http://www.paradisebay.com.au/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

31 Mar 2011 00:18 #10 by Rockdoc
Don't know where our next trip will be. We've been talking Bora Bora and Fiji, though we may try to increase our Marriot points next year by staying relatively local, say the Virgin Islands or Aruba. We like tropical destinations and warm water.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds