Morning Drive

10 Jun 2010 18:23 #1 by JRSK
Morning Drive was created by JRSK
Got up nice and early to get my "to do's" done... On my way out of the forest, heading to civilization... I had: 5 deer run in front of me; one red fox and two grey wolves.. VERY cool...

I have been wondering why the "preditor control" vehicles and teams are hanging around!?! now I know why! those wolves are actually very magestic BUT pretty scary!! They just look pissed!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2010 18:25 #2 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Morning Drive
What a cool site to see!

10 Jun 2010 18:56 #3 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Morning Drive
No loons?

10 Jun 2010 18:58 #4 by JRSK
Replied by JRSK on topic Morning Drive

pacamom wrote: No loons?

I don't see them on a morning drive.. but I see and listen to them every morning and evening enjoying coffee or beer!! you know the loons are my love!

10 Jun 2010 21:58 #5 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Morning Drive

JRSK wrote: Got up nice and early to get my "to do's" done... On my way out of the forest, heading to civilization... I had: 5 deer run in front of me; one red fox and two grey wolves.. VERY cool...

I have been wondering why the "preditor control" vehicles and teams are hanging around!?! now I know why! those wolves are actually very magestic BUT pretty scary!! They just look pissed!!

Sounds like a wonderful experience!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

11 Jun 2010 07:10 #6 by Blue Columbine
Replied by Blue Columbine on topic Morning Drive
I am now on my 'summer schedule' for work which means leaving the house around 5 - 5:30 am for work. This morning I saw a blue heron (did I spell that correctly?) at the pond in our neighborhood and two does crossing 285 near Aspen Park. Other mornings I see a herd of 5-6 does that hang-out in our neighborhood.

Between that and the sunrise, it's one of my favorite times of the day :)

11 Jun 2010 07:14 #7 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Morning Drive

Blue Columbine wrote: I am now on my 'summer schedule' for work which means leaving the house around 5 - 5:30 am for work. This morning I saw a blue heron (did I spell that correctly?) at the pond in our neighborhood and two does crossing 285 near Aspen Park. Other mornings I see a herd of 5-6 does that hang-out in our neighborhood.

Between that and the sunrise, it's one of my favorite times of the day :)

Mine too, BC. I like to watch the mist rise from the pond in the mornings too. Nice.

JRSK, I envy you those loons. Closest thing I have to one is hubby. lol

11 Jun 2010 08:27 #8 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Morning Drive
too funny loopingAlong. lol I'm certain some would find the loon comparison apropos for me as well. lol

I'm a morning person. THe start of each day is majestic. Living in the mountains among the wildlife is so rewarding. I love just watching the behavioral patterns the wildlife exhibits. More than ever I look forward to spending time here, rather than working.

11 Jun 2010 08:50 #9 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Morning Drive
WOLVES?????? :VeryScared: :VeryScared: :VeryScared: :VeryScared:

11 Jun 2010 08:52 #10 by I am Woman
Replied by I am Woman on topic Morning Drive
I enjoy walking in the evenings. Yesterday I saw a group of batchelor Elk about 50 feet away from the road. I felt so blessed to be able to stop and watch them for a little while.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds