Monthly Meeting

14 Jun 2011 09:34 #1 by Steve-o
Monthly Meeting was created by Steve-o
The monthly meeting will be held on Thursday 6/16 at 6:30 at the fire station at the intersection of Hwy 285 and Richmond Hill Rd.* We welcome all to attend. For those who may be interested in volunteering, we have lots of opportunities. From a few minutes a week to a few hours a day, there is something for everyone. Please join us!

*The location is still being confirmed. If it changes, we will post here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2011 09:52 #2 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Monthly Meeting
We'll see, steve-o.

14 Jun 2011 19:03 #3 by MoCat
Replied by MoCat on topic Monthly Meeting
I am planning on being there

15 Jun 2011 19:19 #4 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic Monthly Meeting
The two of us will be there.

16 Jun 2011 06:02 #5 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Monthly Meeting
May stop in early to say "Hey!", to ya steve-o, but can't stay for the whole meeting.
Please, PM me with what time you going to be there.

17 Jun 2011 06:29 #6 by Steve-o
Replied by Steve-o on topic Monthly Meeting
Thanks to all who attended. Lots of great information was shared. We announced 4 new board members to get the board entirely filled to 9 people. The bios and information about the new board members will be posted on [url=http://www.imhs.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.imhs.org[/url] in the coming days (go to about us/Board of Directors)!

We also formed the work committees. The work committees are a great way for members and volunteers to get involved. Here are the committees:

Operations (primarily animal care and day to day stuff)
Fundraising
Volunteer Coordination
Finance
Technology
Grant Writing
Policy (Managing/Updating Policies)
Advisory (a group of industry experts to help when the need arises. Lawyers, Realtors, Veternarians, etc)

If you are interested in helping with any of these committees, please let me know! The advisory committee is a great way to get involved if you want to help some but don't have a lot of time. These folks will just be called upon for specific situations. Are you a geek? Perhaps you can help the technology committee to implement new software and hardware to keep the shelter current and up to date. Have you written grants before or are interested in helping a few hours a week to raise the always needed funds for the shelter? Let me know and I will put you in contact with the right people.

I'd also like to thank everyone who attended. Your support is greatly appreciated!

17 Jun 2011 10:08 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Monthly Meeting
Thank you for the update Steve, it is much appreciated.

I'd be happy to help with the grant writing!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Jun 2011 10:41 #8 by Steve-o
Replied by Steve-o on topic Monthly Meeting

Science Chic wrote: Thank you for the update Steve, it is much appreciated.

I'd be happy to help with the grant writing!

Awesome. I just send an introduction email sent to you and our grant writing committee chair person, Matt.

17 Jun 2011 11:45 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Monthly Meeting
Got it - looking forward to working with all of you!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds