This Week's Open Board Meeting

15 Dec 2011 06:56 #11 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic This Week's Open Board Meeting
Perhaps you could stop being so judgmental of everything and everyone - and cut people some slack! JMO

OH and I have family in Bailley and spend plenty of time there and have adopted several animals from IMHS - but I guess you are the expert in everything IMHS? Again JMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2011 12:15 #12 by Mtn Gramma

homeagain wrote:

IMHS wrote:

homeagain wrote: The last time I checked (about 3 weeks ago) the last posted minutes DATE WAS IN AUGUST......from my understanding it has NOT been
updated on the website. (I do realize that triage is the name of the game and NOT enough volunteers).......I DO KNOW what I am speaking of.....what I expect from an non-profit organization is TRANSPARENCY.....I am not so sure THAT has been the case,either
in the past OR in the present......JMO ( and I DO KNOW what I am speaking of)

I guess I don't understand your issue completely. As I posted on Pinecam, to your same question there, the minutes will be posted on our website but that we are a bit behind on doing this task. I also indicated that the minutes are available to anyone who wants to read them by simply stopping by the shelter during regular business hours. I would also add that, based on your comments, earlier today I asked our web designer, who is a volunteer, to get these updated as quickly as possible. If you have specific issues with other areas that you feel are not being addressed or that you feel are opaque then I encourage you to contact us via email ( . ) by phone (303.838.2668) or even by contacting me ( . ) and we will happily have a discussion with you.

Steve Kelsey, President
IMHS

YES, it was posted on Pinecam, BUT the same info was NOT posted here.....THANK YOU for extending the additional information to
this site also.....Mr Kelsey,you are WELL AWARE of my issues, as you and I have corresponded via PM and email,so I find it somewhat
puzzling that you don't understand the issues at hand. UPDATES have not been forthcoming,it is now more than 6 months since the
New Board has had the helm. I am EXTREMELY elated that the website will be a priority as of NOW.....if you care to continue this
conversation you have my number,my e-mail AND this and Pinecam sites to reach me....I have been politically sagacious in the past
when posting my thoughts and it is now the end of the year and time for some CONCRETE information to be passed to the public.
(attending the Board meeting is unfortunately not an option I have this month and coming to your office to read minutes of the meeting is a questionable solution at best.) THANK YOU for responding to this inquiry and I am looking forward to MORE updates here
and on Pinecam in the future.....

Christ on a cracker!! Do you expect other businesses in the area to pander to your desires? Or do you obtain the material, supplies, or information you need by going to said businesses like the rest of us do? If you're so hot to have the info, and feel that it is so critical to have NOW, how about volunteering to input the minutes when you return from your trip? It's too bad you can't adjust your schedule to attend the board meeting but, as I tell my kids, lack of planning on your part does not justify an emergency on mine (or theirs). What obligation does IMHS have to post any information on websites other than their own? Of course it's good PR for them to post general information (surgical suite updates, pets adopted, etc.) but they're certainly not obligated to duplicate their website on other sites. If Pinecam and 285Bound didn't exist, how would you get your information?

You have been given options for obtaining the information you want. Pick one and do it, instead of picking on IMHS.

15 Dec 2011 13:48 #13 by Hoot Owl
Oh PLEASE Mtn Gramma, dont even SUGGEST that homeagain
volunteer to input the minutes. Her INFLECTION's would scew the INTENT of the minutes.
JMO

15 Dec 2011 14:27 #14 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic This Week's Open Board Meeting
:yeahthat: and :yeahthat: to both H.O. and M.G.

16 Dec 2011 22:10 #15 by CC
Replied by CC on topic This Week's Open Board Meeting

lack of planning on your part does not justify an emergency on mine

I love that!!!!!!

17 Dec 2011 03:30 #16 by ScienceChic
Important items on the agenda from Thursday night included the Financial Committee's report for the year detailing expenses, savings, and fundraising. Here is that portion of the meeting (videos edited to improve audio quality):

[youtube:2fkq5zp6]
[/youtube:2fkq5zp6]

Also, the Mission and Vision Statements were updated and new wording adopted.
Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Dec 2011 11:02 #17 by CC
Replied by CC on topic This Week's Open Board Meeting

norma wrote: Perhaps you could stop being so judgmental of everything and everyone - and cut people some slack! JMO

OH and I have family in Bailley and spend plenty of time there and have adopted several animals from IMHS - but I guess you are the expert in everything IMHS? Again JMO

The interesting thing about the anonymity of message boards is that we can imply that we are anywhere in the world.

18 Dec 2011 11:45 #18 by Cheap Yankee

Maineiac wrote: ... and want to give you, our members, supporters and volunteers, the opportunity to see our progress and provide input and suggestions during our board meeting this week ....

Why not make this an option at EVERY IMHS BoD meeting? You can get instant, insightful input from concerned members, supporters & volunteers each month!
Wouldn't it be great to post the the meeting's agenda during the week prior to the (3rd Thursday of each month) monthly meeting? It could be on the IMHS website or a public forum of your choosing. Those who have concerns or questions regarding a particular agenda item can interact with the board members and take part in "real time" communications. With such lead time they can plan to attend the meeting and consider appropriate, succinct questions to minimize the use of time during the meeting. The BoD would then receive the above mentioned "input & suggestions" every month. What a fantastic way to tap into such a rich resource and further involve the community.

Embracing this practice of publicly sharing the meeting agenda (with a suitable "lead time") would certainly increase the interest and participation of local residents at each meeting.

19 Dec 2011 08:48 #19 by MyMountainTown
Here is the unedited entire meeting. The BOD is now videotaping these meetings as well and creating DVD copies that you are welcome to stop by the shelter and get a free copy of. Email Mitch Zale, DVM at . if you can't stop by and he will mail one to you. DVD's of this past meeting should be available later this week.

[youtube:2xy7ebz2]
[/youtube:2xy7ebz2]

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds