This Week's Open Board Meeting

13 Dec 2011 12:45 #1 by Maineiac
Hi Everyone -

We've been working hard at updating the Vision and Mission of IMHS and want to give you, our members, supporters and volunteers, the opportunity to see our progress and provide input and suggestions during our board meeting this week.

We will be discussing these items during our open session on Thursday, December 15, 2011 at the Fire Station at Richmond Hill.

Meeting starts at 6:30pm.

Thank you for your continued support of IMHS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2011 15:41 #2 by homeagain
Would it be possible to provide the minutes HERE on 285Bound, for those who can NOT attend, I will be in C. Spgs......THANKS in advance.

13 Dec 2011 17:53 #3 by Mtn Gramma
Aren't the minutes posted on the IMHS website? Why do people expect the staff (mostly volunteer) to take valuable time just to save our posters from going to the website?

13 Dec 2011 18:01 #4 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic This Week's Open Board Meeting
Agreed - I go to IMHS and read minutes and have never expected them to be posted here or anywhere else.

14 Dec 2011 05:50 #5 by homeagain
The last time I checked (about 3 weeks ago) the last posted minutes DATE WAS IN AUGUST......from my understanding it has NOT been
updated on the website. (I do realize that triage is the name of the game and NOT enough volunteers).......I DO KNOW what I am speaking of.....what I expect from an non-profit organization is TRANSPARENCY.....I am not so sure THAT has been the case,either
in the past OR in the present......JMO ( and I DO KNOW what I am speaking of)

14 Dec 2011 14:53 #6 by IMHS
Replied by IMHS on topic This Week's Open Board Meeting

homeagain wrote: The last time I checked (about 3 weeks ago) the last posted minutes DATE WAS IN AUGUST......from my understanding it has NOT been
updated on the website. (I do realize that triage is the name of the game and NOT enough volunteers).......I DO KNOW what I am speaking of.....what I expect from an non-profit organization is TRANSPARENCY.....I am not so sure THAT has been the case,either

I guess I don't understand your issue completely. As I posted on Pinecam, to your same question there, the minutes will be posted on our website but that we are a bit behind on doing this task. I also indicated that the minutes are available to anyone who wants to read them by simply stopping by the shelter during regular business hours. I would also add that, based on your comments, earlier today I asked our web designer, who is a volunteer, to get these updated as quickly as possible. If you have specific issues with other areas that you feel are not being addressed or that you feel are opaque then I encourage you to contact us via email ( . ) by phone (303.838.2668) or even by contacting me ( . ) and we will happily have a discussion with you.

Steve Kelsey, President
IMHS

14 Dec 2011 15:33 #7 by homeagain

IMHS wrote:

homeagain wrote: The last time I checked (about 3 weeks ago) the last posted minutes DATE WAS IN AUGUST......from my understanding it has NOT been

I guess I don't understand your issue completely. As I posted on Pinecam, to your same question there, the minutes will be posted on our website but that we are a bit behind on doing this task. I also indicated that the minutes are available to anyone who wants to read them by simply stopping by the shelter during regular business hours. I would also add that, based on your comments, earlier today I asked our web designer, who is a volunteer, to get these updated as quickly as possible. If you have specific issues with other areas that you feel are not being addressed or that you feel are opaque then I encourage you to contact us via email ( . ) by phone (303.838.2668) or even by contacting me ( . ) and we will happily have a discussion with you.

Steve Kelsey, President
IMHS

YES, it was posted on Pinecam, BUT the same info was NOT posted here.....THANK YOU for extending the additional information to
this site also.....Mr Kelsey,you are WELL AWARE of my issues, as you and I have corresponded via PM and email,so I find it somewhat
puzzling that you don't understand the issues at hand. UPDATES have not been forthcoming,it is now more than 6 months since the
New Board has had the helm. I am EXTREMELY elated that the website will be a priority as of NOW.....if you care to continue this
conversation you have my number,my e-mail AND this and Pinecam sites to reach me....I have been politically sagacious in the past
when posting my thoughts and it is now the end of the year and time for some CONCRETE information to be passed to the public.
(attending the Board meeting is unfortunately not an option I have this month and coming to your office to read minutes of the meeting is a questionable solution at best.) THANK YOU for responding to this inquiry and I am looking forward to MORE updates here
and on Pinecam in the future.....

14 Dec 2011 18:41 #8 by Norm
Replied by Norm on topic This Week's Open Board Meeting
Couldn't you just contact IMHS by email and ask them to send the minutes to you? Why all the drama when they are trying to help animals in need? If I were an employee or a volunteer, my main focus would be the care of the animals and not you wanting minutes - but that's JMO. Once they are sent to you, you could post them anywhere you please. It would be a nice way for you to help them out - but then again...that's JMO.

15 Dec 2011 06:01 #9 by homeagain

norma wrote: Agreed - I go to IMHS and read minutes and have never expected them to be posted here or anywhere else.

IF I understand your location you live in TEXAS,or are u here on the 285 corridor? APPARENTLY you do NOT live here or you would have
know that the website was NOT updated,and has NOT been updated for MANY months. I believe you are unaware of MANY things and
because I DO live here and have ACTIVELY volunteered for 18 months prior and have been observing for the LAST 6 months, I do BELIEVE I know of what I speak.......there HAS BEEN and still IS a transparency issue that needs to be resolved.....that was the reason
for my post. I believe you (collectively) should be aware of FACTS before you elect to post a response......(problem with cyber-space
and those who elect to communicate within that space.)

15 Dec 2011 06:06 #10 by homeagain

norma wrote: Couldn't you just contact IMHS by email and ask them to send the minutes to you? Why all the drama when they are trying to help animals in need? If I were an employee or a volunteer, my main focus would be the care of the animals and not you wanting minutes - but that's JMO. Once they are sent to you, you could post them anywhere you please. It would be a nice way for you to help them out - but then again...that's JMO.

APPARENTLY, you did NOT read the previous post.....perhaps you would like
to read the thread,as a WHOLE, before you elect to post.........JMO

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds